View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2008, 07:14 PM
I still haven't watched the last hour of the programme!

Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
am I the only one glad to see Javine get booted? I thought she was a bit rough with her dog given that it was only 8 months, she forcred him into the sit on the table, didn't like that at all.. glad she's not training him now, also I wondered why they have 2 dogs under one year old doing Jumping etc I was told not to do any jumping with Len till he was twelve months old at least. Surely there must be many dogs that would have been suitable for the programme without using puppies!
Yes, I seen Javine work the Lab pup and I'm glad she was chucked. I didn't like her handling of the dog and it seemed more of a competition between her and her husband, Harvey, and not really about the dog.

I also though that 8 months was too young to do the jumping, even though there were only a few jumps and they were quite low. Too much was expected of that Lab pup too soon, I think, considering especially that it may have been kennelled for a good while before the programme.

I would've preferred them using an older dog, 2-3 years old at least, than a puppy. I'm sure there were plenty of adult dogs in that rescue centre waiting for a chance of a good life.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
no, it's not live. it was all wrapped up about a month ago.
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info. x
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2008, 08:30 PM
I tried to watch this but I thought it was pants. It's nice that they're showing rescue dogs and hopefully dispelling the image that rescue dogs have of all having issues, but the presenters and judges did not impress me. The presenters are muppets who need putting down and the judges are far too harsh with the dogs, many of which are just babies. I felt that the judges expected the dogs to be little obedience machines. Training dogs is not textbook, it's hard work, patience and a sense of humour. At the end of the day, what do they expect from an eight month old Lab in a TV studio full of giggling imbeciles? How is he supposed to concentrate?!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Have I missed the next show? when is it on again?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I tried to watch this but I thought it was pants. It's nice that they're showing rescue dogs and hopefully dispelling the image that rescue dogs have of all having issues, but the presenters and judges did not impress me. The presenters are muppets who need putting down and the judges are far too harsh with the dogs, many of which are just babies. I felt that the judges expected the dogs to be little obedience machines. Training dogs is not textbook, it's hard work, patience and a sense of humour. At the end of the day, what do they expect from an eight month old Lab in a TV studio full of giggling imbeciles? How is he supposed to concentrate?!
I have to agree. The judges expected far too much from the dogs at this point in the competition. Let's see what tonight brings!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
Have I missed the next show? when is it on again?
No, it's on tonight at 9pm for an hour.

I managed to watch the second hour of last weeks show today!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
No, it's on tonight at 9pm for an hour.

I managed to watch the second hour of last weeks show today!
On living??? because it is not showing on my tv.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
On living??? because it is not showing on my tv.
Yes, just checked again, it's showing on mine.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Removed. Double post.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2008, 06:39 PM
It says ghost whisper but will click it on at 9 just my sky playing up, good job I checked on here.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >