View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Well, I'm not impressed with the presenters. Mark Durden-Smith is only really where he is now because his mum is Judith Chalmers. And as for Tara Palmer-Tomkinson....well, don't get me started!

The way Durden-Smith kept referring to dogs as 'beasts' all the time annoyed the hell out of me, and I only watched an hour and recorded the second hour (which I haven't watched yet)! I kept saying "they're dogs, not beasts!".

I wish it was Julian Clary again. I think he's great, he's clever and quick-witted and I just love his sarcasm. Shame he isn't the presenter this time.

At least it highlights the plight of all the brilliant rescue dogs who are desperately waiting for the forever homes they so deserve. Just look at how eager to please that EBT cross is! It's a fabulous dog and will do well if given the chance. As will many of the others, I'm sure.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I am glad I am not the only one they annoyed.
I thought him calling them beasts was weird. Tara always acts drunk to me.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
I am glad I am not the only one they annoyed.
I thought him calling them beasts was weird. Tara always acts drunk to me.
He should have referred to them as dogs, not beasts. I actually feel like emailing them about it, to be honest. I didn't feel like either were remotely interested in the dogs. They are just there for their own publicity. Most of the celebrities are likely only there for their own publicity as well, but at least there might be one or two who are interested in dogs in general and want to highlight just what rescue dogs can give.

And yes, I know what you mean about Tara P-T, she just acts stupid all the time and it really gets on my nerves. I hope they both buck up their ideas soon.
Icerunner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-09-2008, 11:25 AM
I agree the presenters were terrible.

But like you Mick loved Gloria what a star she certainly enjoyed herself.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Meant to say I was so pleased for the fellow who went on the programme to get over his lifelong fear of dogs & its worked so wellhe is thinking of keeping the dog himself. Another phobia conquered by the right dog for the right person.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Did anyone else tyhink that the judges were really hard on Raef & little Suze?

My Trainer & Mavs Breeder trained Raef & Brian. She was gutted how the judges allways picked on poor Raef (prob not famous enough!!!!!)

BTW, Raef has still got little suze, wheras Brian sent his dog back after 11hours
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2008, 03:13 PM
am I the only one glad to see Javine get booted? I thought she was a bit rough with her dog given that it was only 8 months, she forcred him into the sit on the table, didn't like that at all.. glad she's not training him now, also I wondered why they have 2 dogs under one year old doing Jumping etc I was told not to do any jumping with Len till he was twelve months old at least. Surely there must be many dogs that would have been suitable for the programme without using puppies!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I didn't see it since I don't get Living. Doesn't sound like I'm missing too much. What a shame Julian isn't still presenting.

Is there still phoneline voting? And is the money going to children in need like the last time, or to a dog charity?
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
am I the only one glad to see Javine get booted? I thought she was a bit rough with her dog given that it was only 8 months, she forcred him into the sit on the table, didn't like that at all.. glad she's not training him now, also I wondered why they have 2 dogs under one year old doing Jumping etc I was told not to do any jumping with Len till he was twelve months old at least. Surely there must be many dogs that would have been suitable for the programme without using puppies!
I think they done the right thing keeping Elize and Gloria. See what she does next week with more training behind her. She may still be rubbish but didnt like Javine and felt sorry for her dog Bouncer he was gorgeous.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I didn't see it since I don't get Living. Doesn't sound like I'm missing too much. What a shame Julian isn't still presenting.

Is there still phoneline voting? And is the money going to children in need like the last time, or to a dog charity?
no, it's not live. it was all wrapped up about a month ago.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »