Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jeanandjimmy
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2013, 10:40 PM

Bruce

hello all , ive just joined and hoping someone can help me i have had my husky ( bruce ) for 4 years now . i had him from the age of one as he was neglected . but i have got him to good health now , were i was taking to and from the vets , due to his weight and everything gave him all his check overs and they gave him a clean bill of health , anyway he had a problem with his bk passage and i could not get in to see his vet so i took him some were else to be seen any way cut a long story short we just found out that he only has one testical dropped so he his booked in for surgery on thursday , but im so worried of all the things it can cause as this should of been done when he was about 6 months old , does anyone know what his chances are of him not having CANCER as i am worrying sick about it i dont want to lose him i have come so far with him x
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 10:49 PM
Welcome To Dogsey
jeanandjimmy
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2013, 11:00 PM
thank you , im hoping i can get some sort af advice on here i just edited my post and put on there my concerns
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Jean,you sound so worried, sorry I can't offer any advice,have no experience. Most members will have probably logged off for tonight but I promise you will have responses in the morning.Someone will be able to reassure you hopefully,having been through this with their dog.
((( hugs)) to you both.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2013, 04:55 AM
I also can't help with this as have never come across it before but just wanted to wish you and Bruce well and to also welcome you to the group.
Cath
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Tbh I can't see the point of worrying about something you can't change, what's happened has happened. All you can do is now have the testicles removed and the vet will be able to examine them on removal and advise you as to their condition. Dogs get cancer for all sorts of reasons most of which we have no control over, so don't beat yourself up about it.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Hmm, getting them removed now is the important thing. Then move forward with whatever information is found. At a guess and hopefully, you have nothing to worry about. It is a routine operation and there is no reason why Bruce won't make a full recovery from a fairly monor procedure. Whatever the future holds as already said, worrying about it won't help. Go forward with your love for Bruce and be positive when you take him for the operation, you don't want him picking up on your worry.

Good luck and keep us informed.
Fred&Mya'smum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2013, 10:51 AM
I've no experience with this but just wanted to send healing thoughts for his op on Thursday. Big hugs to you, they do worry us but I'm sure he will be fine xx