Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 02:07 PM

Be careful.....

My partner and I went out for our first night out since November on Saturday night - and it resulted in my drink getting spiked, I blacked out and hit my head on the edge of a concrete wall. I have massive gaps in the evening where I have no idea what was going on....I have the biggest black eye ever, and 3 stitches in my forehead.

Please be careful, I had my drink with me at all times but two blokes spoke to me and Rachy and kept asking me if I was gay, I turned away but my drink was on the bar, I had a sip of that drink and it all went wrong from then.

Rachy and I won't be going out ever again clubbing, its not worth it, it could have been so much worse.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Oh jeez, how awful is that, some people are just so sick..
Glad it didnt end to bad, but thats not the point! Take care
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 02:47 PM
That is shocking Lorna what a horrid thing to happen, it happens all too common now some people are just beyond belief. I am glad Rachy was with you and you are not too badly affected (not saying black eye and stitches are good in any way, but worse things can happen).
It goes to show how quickly things can be put in your drinks when out.
Hope you are on the mend and taking it easy while you recover. Such a scary thing to happen.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Bless ya! *Hugs*

Hope you and Rachy aren't too shaken up by this incident......

I don't go out drinking, never really interested me

Take care x
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Sounds awfull, I hope your head heals quickly.

Have you reported the incident to the police? It might be best too, If it was those 2 blokes talking to you at the bar and other people have reported the same type of thing happening to them in the same area, it could help the police catch the evil sick twisted people doing things like that people.

hope you are feeling a bit better today xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 03:55 PM
Thanks everyone, Rachy and i dont usually go out drinking we thought we'd make an effort to go out with friends.....our friends now know that we're only up for food now lol
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh my god, Lorna! That's terrible! Hope you're feeling better now.

You shouldn't let it stop you going out to these places completely, and I know it can and does happen everywhere, but maybe just stay away from that particular one and try somewhere else, whilst obviously keeping a close eye on your drinks. Would be a shame if it stopped you completely.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 07:39 PM
I've only got one word for people who spike drinks and i can guarantee it wouldn't be allowed on this board!

I'm glad you are ok and it wasn't any worse than it could've been.

Like you and Rach, we don't go out as much anymore because there are too many idiots around and thats putting it mildly!
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2010, 08:02 PM
That's shocking. I always have a bottle when I go out then at least I can stick my finger in the end. The other thing I used to do was to carry a beer mat around and place it over my drink.

Really glad you are ok though.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Its more to do with the fact that I just didn't have control, and I can't remember anything....been to the dr today he checked me over as my skull is still numb, but he says its just the swelling. My eye is HUGE, but it'll go down in a week or so apparently....

Rachy and I don't go out much anyway so its no great loss, we're still going to go for pride but sticking to water bottles and not going clubbing after, its just completely not worth the risk!

At the end of the day I was very lucky