Female 

26-07-2014, 10:13 PM
I would personally say Australian Cattle Dog mix myself
jitp20
New Member!
Male 

27-07-2014, 04:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies...

Would you see a Pit Bull Terrier in there?
If i search in google "Pit Bull" there are so many different pictures, but all of them are called Pit Bull! How does a pure breed Pit Bull actually look like?
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by jitp20 View Post
Thanks for all the replies...

Would you see a Pit Bull Terrier in there?
If i search in google "Pit Bull" there are so many different pictures, but all of them are called Pit Bull! How does a pure breed Pit Bull actually look like?
I see some bull breed in yours, but not necessarily pit

Pit bull in most uses is a type rather than a breed. Many people group staffies, amstaffs, american bullies, other bull breeds and their mixes to together at pit bulls (or pit bull types)

American pit bull terrier is the single breed and they should look something like this - very athletic little dogs

mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 12:20 PM
BlueJay is absolutely correct. The American Pit Bull Terrier is a medium sized, muscular (but not bulky) dog. Depending on the line, some of them are more muscled than others, but they are not low set or overly stocky. Jocko, RedBoy are more stocky while Colby, Spike, Chinaman lines are thinner. There are also other lines, as well.

Your guy looks More Bull Terrier to me, with the head shape and everything. Ideally the American Pit Bull Terrier should have clear Lat muscles and be just a well muscled dog, but not bulk muscle like the American Bully

American Pit Bull
http://molosserdogs.com/gallery/albu...t-05-05-06.jpg

American Bully
http://animalsadda.com/wp-content/up...ll-Terrier.jpg
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-07-2014, 03:05 PM
I would say bull terrier x kelpie, though the size at a year, would make me think there is a 3rd party in the mix.
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Welcome to Dogsey. Unsure of what breed he is but he certainly looks handsome
jitp20
New Member!
Male 

28-07-2014, 03:28 AM
Thanks a lot.

Yea quite confusing what people call Pit Bull.
My one isn't bulky at all i would say. His body looks to me more like a working Kelpie body. Strong front legs, a few muscles in chest and back legs. He has also a double coat. Top is black but underneath its brown, bright ish.
And quite massive feet when he is standing up. But he didnt grow at all since we have him. (around 3 Month)

Yea, was also thinking that the parents where already mixes?!
Kitkat_
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2014, 11:40 AM
This is my view on Pit Bull and "type"

Why I don a type

Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 02:51 PM
I see a bit of kelpie/cattle dog and perhaps staffie in your dog. But whatever he is, he's gorgeous!

On a side note, I really don't understand why nearly all pictures of pit bull terriers show them hanging into their collars nearly strangling themselves. It's totally bizarre and also very unhealthy.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 03:06 PM
This is done to display the proper build and physique of the dog. They probably have a spring pole or something enticing the dog to stand up like that to help show the definition of the animal.

It's also used to show the drive, and "gameness" of the breed, which is extremely important and one of the key traits of the breed.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >