Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2014, 10:37 PM

Leonberger, needs to be only dog

There is a 4yr old Leonberger bitch still looking for her forever home through Leonberger Welfare. Unfortunately she needs to be the only dog, otherwise she would have had a hundred offers from Leo lovers, but they all already have at least one! If you know anyone who is currently dogless who would suit this girl, please let them know.

Details on LCGB Welfare.

This is what they say about her;

She is very affectionate and loves people. Well mannered, and wanting to please. Very quick to bond with anyone who gives her attention. If you think you are able to give this lovely female a home please private message one of the Welfare Team for a questionnaire and further details.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Sorry, didn't realize we weren't allowed to link to that site! You'll need to search for Leonberger Club of GB and contact the welfare team directly to get further details. PM me if you're having trouble. (NB, she isn't on the main site as they don't advertise the welfare dogs on there). Thanks
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 11:05 PM
You don't say WHY she needs to be the only dog? This has led me to assume she is dog aggressive?

It's a great shame anyway as the obvious best owner would be one familiar with the breed and she is now more likely to end up with someone who isn't. Assuming she does get rehomed.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Good question. No, she isn't dog aggressive. I've just read that she can meet other dogs fine and indeed is excercised off lead with other dogs without any problems, a bit grumbly with one dog in the house once apparently, but no aggression. But for some reason they have been advised by a behaviourist that she would be best not homed with other dogs, and they are following that advice. I don't know exactly why the behaviourist came to that conclusion. I get your point but don't worry, I am quite sure that the LCGB will not rehome her to just anyone. Perhaps someone who has recently lost their Leo, who knows.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by greatbarnet View Post
Good question. No, she isn't dog aggressive. I've just read that she can meet other dogs fine and indeed is excercised off lead with other dogs without any problems, a bit grumbly with one dog in the house once apparently, but no aggression. But for some reason they have been advised by a behaviourist that she would be best not homed with other dogs, and they are following that advice. I don't know exactly why the behaviourist came to that conclusion. I get your point but don't worry, I am quite sure that the LCGB will not rehome her to just anyone. Perhaps someone who has recently lost their Leo, who knows.
Yes - I thought of that immediately after I posted! As, if I had still been living in the UK after my CKCS died I would have got another but from a Breed Rescue because by then I knew they existed. (I used to think all rescues were just like Battersea or just shelters or whatever).

Alas the climate here in Cyprus and my lifestyle returning to UK several times a year would not be ideal for a CKCS. In fact I didn't go back until after she'd died. I wouldn't have subjected her to the stress of air travel at her age by then and she'd developed the murmur.

I am not quite sure what they look like (thinking a bit like a Bernese?) but I'm sure it's probably a popular breed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2014, 07:53 AM
Here are some photos. I did consider this breed after losing Ollie they are stunning.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?<br ...A%252F%252Fenc
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2014, 08:38 AM
We meet two quite regularly - same owner -and as Lynn says, they are stunning. They love to play with other dogs.

I hope she finds someone soon - she sounds beautiful.
greatbarnet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Woohoo!!!!!! She's now found a home!!!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Brilliant news
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by greatbarnet View Post
Woohoo!!!!!! She's now found a home!!!
GREAT! I could hardly bear to peek back in and see the update! Wonderful news!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >