Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 05:29 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Tuesday.

Morning everyone.
I feel I may be in need of the sick bay later after sorting out Gorden for work, feeding and walking Dillon, finishing Owen's cake and delivering it have got to walk Gorden has my car and generally tidying up.
Will there be space I am pre- booking.
Dillon got me up twice in the night first time he needed a wee then 20 mins back in bed he started again and needed a lie in the garden. I was not amused.

The thread carried on for a long time last night you will all be having lie-in today.

It is feeling very chilly here and that's just waiting for the heating to come on haven't opened any doors yet.

I hope everyone who was or is feeling poorly is now better or soon feels better.
That goes for all our four legged or two legged furry, scaley or feathered friends too.

Harvey it wasn't me that worked in an EA's office my youngest son use to be an EA and I think it was Sally who worked part time in an EA's office.

I love that gatehouse. Imagine it without all the clutter.
Way above our budget though.

Have a safe Tuesday everyone.

Just seen a birthday thread for Sal and thought we haven't her for a long while hoping she is ok. Also Chris (Brierley) and we didn't see Linda (Lucky star) yesterday and hoping they are all ok too.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:06 AM

I am afraid that you will have to wait your turn for the sick bay as I have been queuing for two hours now and they still have not let me in. Just my luck to get an UTI the day after our GP has been and will not be back until next Monday as Thursday is a the first day of the Festival of Succot so no surgery. [It will be the same next week, with the Thursday also being a Holy Day - the intermediate days are regular work days but only half days for some companies].

The water delivery has been so nothing else on the cards for today, so I think I will have a bone-idle day [as usual!].

I did not look at any of the links regarding a possible new house for you so will go look for them now.

Hope everyone has a good day today.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:15 AM
Morning Malka. Oh dear I will make us a flask so we can at least have a coffee while we wait to get into the sickbay.
Hoping you feel better soon.

The links were helpful but two we had seen and the houses were too small and one had far too much concrete the others were out of our price range. I have a few bookmarked just in case our sellers don't get their act together.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:23 AM
I am glugging as much water as I can, plus I have a course of Resprim Forte as I used to get these UTIs fairly frequently at one time and our then GP always gave me a scrip so I could keep a course in case of emergencies. She reckoned it had something to do with the seat cushion on my previous chair. Anyhow, they are slightly out-dated but I have decided to take them as [a] they might still work and [b] if they do not then at least they will not do any harm.

Also I have some cranberry extract capsules so they might help as well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Do be careful with those out of date tablets.
Cranberry juice is meant to be good. I have fortunately never suffered with any sort of UTI so cannot actually vouch for the cranberry juice but have heard from people who do suffer it works.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning Lynn, Malka and everyone

Slept like a log last night, I don't think I even got up for a loo run which is most unusual for me. Zena slept well, and hasn't scratched at all. Whether that's because I gave her a thorough combing through with a proper grooming dog comb last night, OR, because I changed her bed blanket to her winter one which hasn't been washed in Arial powder, cos I changed to that a month or so ago, and it's been since then that she's been scratching her back and hind legs I'd like to have taken her for a swim today and then bath her, but the tide is all wrong this week. Might bath her anyway. Does anyone know whether this Arial has something different in it from normal powders? I might get her a special non bio powder for her blankets now and see if it cures the problem.

Well, another please meself day, but I think I'll spend it at home. Got lots to do here and I want to sort out all the caravan templates for my bookings, cos it's gone all higgledy piggledy with buying the 2nd van, I did it all hurriedly, and I have to edit everything I pick up from my folder, whereas I really want separate templates for each van, so I just copy and paste in an enquiry e-mail, it's so much easier for me. I really need to sort out the entire website too but that'll be a job for over the winter.

I've done my letter of objection to the Planners for my next door but one neighbour and he's well chuffed with that, so that's out of the way.

Anyone know about roses at this time of the year? Some of mine have got soooooo tall, and yet when I look at them, they're already in bud, so I'm loathe to chop them back now in case I don't get the blooms next year My talents do not extend as far as the garden I'm afraid, I just don't know much about plants and what to do with them. It's the same with my rhodi's, I really want to chop them back but the buds for next year seem to come through immediately underneath the blooms, so how the heck do you do that then and when?

I'm so glad I'm outta that sick bay, it's getting like A&E down there with the queus and beds outside the door, thank goodness I recovered quickly, I could have come out with worse than I went in there with by the looks of it now. Hoping you're all on the mend.

Lynn, I must have missed loads, cos I see you're looking again there? Don't worry, it'll all suddenly start happening just you wait and see. This is where an estate agent nowadays comes into his own, because I found I could always pop in to mine and get them to check up on things, they are first in line from the solicitors and of course your proposed purchaser's solicitors, they can always speak to them whereas you sometimes can't, but sadly (or not sadly really is it cos of the money you save!) you don't have one of those. Funnilly enough, it was the same for us, it was our proposed purchaser's solicitors that held things up and yet she chose us because we would be quick, and then they strung it out, grrrr! Does it really matter to you though how long it takes? Gorden is in work, you're not desperate to get out of where you are, so maybe just sit back and let it take its course, I'm sure your buyers won't back out at this stage, you really have no worries I'm sure, but good luck, it's a nightmare isn't it at this stage.

I just saw the picture you posted up in the middle of the night Pat (are you ok Pat, eating spotted dick at gone 3 am???? Shall I send for the van??? ) What I want to know is, how the heck did they get that washing machine or dishwasher through that gap? You'd have to dismantle it if ever you wanted to change it, and probably have to do the same with the new one It would do my head in working in that kitchen, especially those tiles!

Enjoy your day everyone, I'll probably be in and out of here later after my walk.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:54 AM
Morning Helena. Don't know about Aerial don't use it I'm afraid. Seems coincidental though that Zena has now stopped scratching since changing to a blanket that hasn't been washed in Aerial.
I am just staying on top of things just in case. No harm having the odd few houses or bungalows bookmarked. You have echoed my thoughts though I will just sit back and let it takes its course.
Good luck with the templates. What does someone want to build near you then ? Have I missed something ?

That kitchen was a nightmare nowhere to put anything. I would of wanted it all ripped out and start again.
Enjoy your me day.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning Lynn and all,
Just a flying visit as I am running very late this morning (too much talking on our walk this morning ) and have to leave for work in half hour.

malka hope you feel better soon, Charly went down with a UTI last weekend and ended up at the walk in centre in agony. She is much better now on the antibiotics. take care of yourself.

Hope everyone else is ok and you don't need the sick bay later Lynn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-09-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning Bev. Oh dear its very sociable on your walks now then.
Hope your not too late.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Morning Lynn, no, it's not an actual build 4 doors down the road, and it doesn't affect me in the slightest, it's just that he's put in planning to take out the old Spanish steps (these are Spanish villa's down this road) and replace them with new ones which wind around the side of the house from the front, ending at the patio, BUT, he then wants to raise said patio to a much higher level, extend it to double its size, which in turn will mean as they walk up there, they will be waist high against this particular neighbour's 6ft fence and imo, that's just not on is it, so I'm helping him out by putting in an objection saying how ridiculous it is and how it will ruin this poor bloke's privacy. I didn't quite put it like that though I made it a proper letter lol! We had this at the old house when they built a new bungalow behind our back driveway, and it looked stupid seeing the new neighbours walking along their path to the back door at waist height against our 8ft fence, so I have experience of this myself. I'm all for helping somebody to fight his corner when his privacy is intruded upon, he's well in his rights to object, but it looks like the bloke will get his planning
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »