Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
anaglenny
New Member!
Female 

06-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Looking for a SPROODLE

I am looking for a Sproodle to rescue. Male of female, either a puppy or a young adult. I am located in Washington DC, USA. No breeders, please!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 02:05 PM
You are in the US and this site is in the UK! Is there some reason why you want to rescue a dog from so far away with all the travelling costs and red tape that will incur?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi! This site is based in the UK, and though there are some American members, there are not a lot of active ones. BTW, a "Sproodle" is called a designer breed. They are often bred unscrupulously by BYB and have health problems.

If you REALLY want one of these dogs (a half breed/hybrid), you'll likely have to find a breeder (I know you said no breeders) because breed rescues for this breed probably don't exist.

I advise visiting local shelters and looking at the small breed puppies they have there. Or, if you really wanted to have something you could call a breed, you could get a pedigree poodle from a solid breeder or breed rescue. They are smart, hearty dogs usually.

Good luck!!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi and welcome to this forum

You are very specific as to what type of dog you want to rescue . I would imagine that finding a cross between a poodle and a springer will be slim. Most people who own a decently bred pedigree poodle or springer are unlikely to want to breed them to produce a mongrel (crossbreed) litter. More often than not the dogs used are poor examples of their breed and are bred for monetary purposes .... profit. I have an aunt who breeds Golden Retrievers in USA and she says there is a huge business in 'puppy farms' which you no doubt have heard about. The bitches rarely see daylight, are kept in horrendous conditions and bred until they are no longer of use

Could you not open your heart to one of the many small dogs needing homes in the USA or at a pound near to where you live?

Good luck and keep us informed as to what you end up rescuing.
anaglenny
New Member!
Female 

01-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by anaglenny View Post
I am looking for a Sproodle to rescue. Male of female, either a puppy or a young adult. I am located in Washington DC, USA. No breeders, please!
Hi fellow members, sorry for my late reply but since I do a lot of rescue work on the field I sometimes stay away from my forums for a long time.

First of all, I didn't realize that this page was based in the UK. I was searching for Sproodles for rescues and Google directed me to this site. The reason I was looking for that specific kind of dog is that I was trying to find a rescue for a coworker who wanted that type of dog for his wife and was trying to convince him to rescue instead of buying. He told me that if I could find him a sproodle for rescue he would take it instead of going to a breeder. He ended up going to a breeder which really upsets me. But at least I tried right? By the way, I don't like designer breeds. I love my good old mutts and I have seven of them at home!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Good for you for giving it a go love to see some pics of yours 7 of them
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2013, 06:30 PM
We are based in the UK but are an international site with quite a few members from the US, so yes, it is always worth a shot posting as someone more local to you may have a reply, as well as of course non-local members having something to add too.

Good on you for trying Ana