Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2011, 08:59 AM

Losing weight

As I am unable to get Pereg weighed regularly, is just going by the way she looks sufficient for me to know that she has definitely lost weight?

She now has her waist back, her ribs and spine are very easy to feel and are not covered with a layer of fat, and she has a definitely tucked-up belly. In other words she looks a lot slimmer than she did when she had gained weight due to her condition.

I know she is still at least a couple of kilos overweight but she definitely looks slimmer, so can I go by her looks for the moment?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 09:01 AM
I would, I only weigh my dogs when they have their annual checkups, hand and eye is what I used for my horses and what I use for my dogs.

I obviously avoid both where I am concerned
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 03:50 PM
I don't see why not. My two only get weighed when we go the the vets which isn't very often.

I use the bathroom scales for my small one as I can pick her up. My other dog though is much too heavy and her bum's too big to fit on the scales.

I do it by eye .... if her waist looks the same as it was at the last vet's visit I know she's not putting on weight. If her waist gets thicker it's time for more exercise and a bit of a diet.