Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
its because it is not the same condition,its like saying if your dog had an rta and a few years later had another one....its not an ilness neither is it something resulting from the first rta if you catch my drift?
Not according to insurers!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by fluffymummy View Post
Not according to insurers!
the rta situation is a common one, i have filled out many a form for clients and they have been payed .... you cant rule out never being in an accident ever again
but if what you were claiming for was a result of the first accident then they wouldnt.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
the rta situation is a common one, i have filled out many a form for clients and they have been payed .... you cant rule out never being in an accident ever again
but if what you were claiming for was a result of the first accident then they wouldnt.
Yeah I know what you're saying, I claimed for Fluffy eating something that made him sick and got paid, but according to insurers as he claimed before, anything in future to do with stomach would mean a pre-existing condition, which to me sounds like nonsense! That's if I change insurance.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Spoke to Animal Friends insurance today and yes they informed me that in Fluffy's case stomach conditions, ear infections and food poisoning would not be covered
So don't know whether to stay with More Than and pay higher premiums and % of claim or switch to AF and accept that he won't be covered for those things?
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Hard choice. I switched & at time had healthy wee girl, 18 months later shes been diagnosed with possible kidney disease. Her scans etc just before new year came to nearly £500, she wasnt covered for urinary tract, if i had known this would happen, i might have stayed where i was. Only you can decide but think really hard about it. Bottom line i only work part time & two at £37 per month was too steep.
Good luck.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks.... I think I'll have to call my vet to check what's actually on his chart for that stomach thing and to see what he thinks. Hmmm a tough one
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3