Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by fluffymummy View Post
Wow, did you get a cover from anyone else?
No, I have stayed with the same insurance (Tesco) no point in trying to go else where, what with Bandits age now, and the pre/existing conditions he has, I would have to many exclusions
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh I don't know anymore! I'll have a chat to my vet and check. Perhaps I'll have to accept that any behavioural issues (more than doesn't cover that anyway) and stomach would not be covered. More Than have a lifetime limit whereas AF have per condition per year... Hmmm
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by fluffymummy View Post
Wow, did you get a cover from anyone else?
No I simply stopped insuring my dogs. We only insured him because we didn't breed him
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Got off the phone from Animal Friends, someone will call me on Monday to go through all the conditions. They said that they might revise certain conditions, eg if the dog was treated for something and has recovered and not had symptoms for a year or so, they might include it in the cover, but will clarify it when they call me. Bl@@dy hell, I have a headache now!
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Switched from AXA last year to Green Bee, Having been badly bitten by an insurer before if I am in any doubt whatsoever I will ring up and ask any questions that I am unsure of, be sure to take full name date and time of call.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Our original insurer sold out to another about 2 years ago. They promised all same conditions etc but by golly did I get a shock when I came to make a claim for very small amount, they shot the insurance up from £19 to £37. Rosie I kept on it, she has too much wrong with her to change now. We have to pay the first £100 off any bill, plus 20% of the vets fee. When they did it with Katie I changed her immediately, with Sainsburys now and for the two years we have been with them they have given us 12 months for the price of 9, of course they wont cover any existing complaints but its just for peace of mind.
Harvey is still with the same company as Rosie but after reading what Beanz mum said I think I might change him over to Petplan as hes quite a healthy dog. Did have a scare with a heartmurmur as a pup but he had a heart scan at 11 months which pronounced him fit and well. Our vets will claim directly off Petplan whereas the others you have to pay upfront and then claim back off the ins yourself.

Harveys is coming up for renewal soon so I will definitely look into it. Thanks Beanz mum for that
Helen
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm withmore than. They covered jackjacks behavioural issues and have been very good with selkie paying out three times for eating things she shouldn't a sock two cotton reels then another sock with no suggestion that the socks might be the same condition. Though her cost has gone up I am more than happy with them and wouldn't consider changing.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I'm withmore than. They covered jackjacks behavioural issues and have been very good with selkie paying out three times for eating things she shouldn't a sock two cotton reels then another sock with no suggestion that the socks might be the same condition. Though her cost has gone up I am more than happy with them and wouldn't consider changing.
They covered behavioural issues? What was it as as far as I know More Thank excludes behavioural issues so I didn't even contact them about it.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2010, 02:49 PM
If you stay with the same insurer that's normally fine, it's only if you want to change they would class that as a pre-existing condition.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2010, 04:24 PM
its because it is not the same condition,its like saying if your dog had an rta and a few years later had another one....its not an ilness neither is it something resulting from the first rta if you catch my drift?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >