View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2012, 07:55 PM

And now for the latest "evil mommy" thing.

Get Pereg to sit in the middle of the salon. Get a handful of teeny tiny treats. Tell Pereg to stay while I scatter these teeny tiny treats all around her.

And then come back to the computer and ignore her while she is still sitting there, only a couple of metres away!

Oh am I an evil mommy. I will not let her have them until I tell her to ask - as in lift right front leg up and across her chest, and only then will I tell her she may have them.

Oh oh, am I wicked or what?
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Your mean.

This would not work with phoebe
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Teehee how eviiiiiil
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2012, 05:43 AM
You'll be shocked one day Pereg will get the upper hand and say to herself "No ****** her I will not play this game, Now let her have to pick them all up herself " She'll get her revenge mwahahahaah

Seriously though what good restraint she has
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2012, 07:58 AM
But don`t they love the 1 to 1 attention and approval of learning new tricks?
Daisy`s party piece is a Rollover and she hurls herself on her back and whirls her fluffy undercarriage round at any opportunity - then sits expectantly for a biscuit. I sometimes think she imagines that she`s training me.....
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Pereg is, as you all know, not a "normal" dog. Well of course she is a normal dog but she has some crossed wires in her brain and her medication makes her a bit, umm, not quite "normal" at times.

And she can be extremely difficult at times - very demanding and totally unresponsive to normal commands.

But this latest thing of making her sit in the middle of the salon and watch me scatter these teeny tiny [and I do mean teeny tiny] treats around her saying No each time I drop one, and then Stay while I come back to the computer and ignore her - she does not know that I have a small mirror set up so I can see her behind my back! - and she sits there. Her head turned towards me. And she just sits there until I say "say please" - and she still sits there in that ask position until I say OK, you may have them.

Poor Pereg - I really am a very evil mommy!
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-08-2012, 04:58 PM
That's really impressive. If a bit Mean. I was a bit mean today - wading out into the lake with "the dog who walks round puddles" and getting him to swim for shore. Kept a hand on his harness for a bit of reassurance.

Kept him cool for the rest of the walk and his tail was still wagging after our third go so couldn't have been all bad. Better than a bath.