Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
We are slowly calming down. I think I might take Skye, Fingal, Breagh and Fudge for a walk when they are down visiting......

They don't call Skye "The Enforcer" for nothing...
Fingal won't be going down the canal with his big foot

Somebody mention a Yorkie ??

angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2008, 05:24 PM
firstly it makes me angry that someone should leave their gate open for their dog to come and go unattended. i picked up a stray dog the other day with no collar on i rang police and dog warden. next day i got a call from the distressed owner(they didnt relise she was misssing til 6am the nex morning???) thanking me. there was no way this dog couldve escaped she said well it mustve been chucked out to wander on her own. im sure if the yorki had wandered off the owner wouldve been distressed so she should learn to SHUT HER GATE. secondly im an owner of a small border terrier and i know she can be a pain on the lead with other dogs off lead shes fine but i streer her away from other dogs while on a lead cos she can be aggresive just cos theyre small dont mean theyre just cute
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 05:25 PM
LOL. Look at that expression!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 05:30 PM
I'd have been the same as you. There's no way the dog should be loose no matter the size. We have the same problem with a particular piece of land here except it's a german shepherd that's left to roam loose. Talk about irresponsible. Good for you for talking her round to your way of thinking too.xx
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-08-2008, 05:30 PM
I take it that you're on about the dog at Will Lyne's old house - about 50 yards from the bridge by the mown grass.

If it's the same one - It came out and Skye chased it back into the garden when we were there last.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
I take it that you're on about the dog at Will Lyne's old house - about 50 yards from the bridge by the mown grass.

If it's the same one - It came out and Skye chased it back into the garden when we were there last.

Yes, that's the one. It is called Hannah.....
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Well, it's just happened to me....TWICE!

Turning round at the bottom of my street and a woman lets her border terrier out of the car, it comes racing at us and barking. Bryan just looked at it and A had a bit of a growl. She said sorry, but wasn't that bothered.

In the park, we were walking round the edge, minding our own business. My two were walking nicely on their leads having a sniff when a Westie comes flying at us, barking. So I reeled my two in a bit and stood still. THe woman owner just watched her dog come at us, but when A started growling she called her dog back. No apology from her though.

I was so smug walking past her while her dog was yelping at my two, mine just walked past and weren't bovvered! Major breakthrough for me and my doglets as Bryan especially, barks at all dogs when he's on his lead.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Well, it's just happened to me....TWICE!

Turning round at the bottom of my street and a woman lets her border terrier out of the car, it comes racing at us and barking. Bryan just looked at it and A had a bit of a growl. She said sorry, but wasn't that bothered.

In the park, we were walking round the edge, minding our own business. My two were walking nicely on their leads having a sniff when a Westie comes flying at us, barking. So I reeled my two in a bit and stood still. THe woman owner just watched her dog come at us, but when A started growling she called her dog back. No apology from her though.

I was so smug walking past her while her dog was yelping at my two, mine just walked past and weren't bovvered! Major breakthrough for me and my doglets as Bryan especially, barks at all dogs when he's on his lead.

Sorry to hear of it happening today for you too. Great that your dogs were so well behaved though!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2008, 06:12 PM
One of my pet hates in small dog owners who let their dogs run wild as they are only small. Its happend a couple of times with me when I have had Star with me.

The first we were building up his confidence after Storm died by meeting more dogs, we asked one couple if he could say hello to their dog, they said yes shes fine with other dogs, Star was having a sniff when she bit his ear and drew blood, they then said but shes not to keen on big dogs.

The second time a yorkie ran over and snapped at him, a women said to the dogs owner that his dog just had a go at Star to which the owner said "its ok shes only small and cant do much damage". Its a good job my sister was with me and stopped me chucking the owner in the lake.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Yes, that's the one. It is called Hannah.....
Sounds about right
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >