Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2009, 01:10 PM

Mobile Contract

My mobile phone contract will be at an end in April - this is the first one I have had so please excuse my ignorance.

My question is, at the end of the Contract what happens?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
My mobile phone contract will be at an end in April - this is the first one I have had so please excuse my ignorance.

My question is, at the end of the Contract what happens?
The company you have the contract with will probably contact you to offer you a free phone upgrade and a new contract. Your current phone will be yours to keep so you can either buy a pay as you go sim card for your current phone and go that route or sign another contract and get a new phone. You can also choose to go to another provider if you prefer. Hope that helps.
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2009, 11:51 PM
I've just come out of a 12 month contract - if you don't wish to keep up your contract you have to write to them (usually giving 30 days notice).

I wanted to go back to pay as you talk as I was previously - I must have received about 4 or 5 calls asking me why I was leaving and offering me a good deal. I wasn't really leaving, just reverting to how it was before.

I don't use my phone enough to warrant spending £25+ a month, especially as there is "friends & family" type set up with my provider and hubby pays £5 a month & all calls are free between 4 of our mobile numbers.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Thank you both - I particularly would like to change Contract plan to a cheaper one, so will wait until next month
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2009, 12:24 PM
if you are happy with your current phone, I just switched to a Tmobile sim only rolling contract which basically means that I only ever have to give 30 days notice if i want to leave, I kept my original number and should I ever want a new phone i can sign up on the spot with a new provider and get a deal without having to get out of a contract, or just buy a new handset, I pay £15 per month, and get 350 minnutes and 650 texts included. works perfect for me.