Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 09:25 AM

Housebound... so unimpressed!

For a while now I've had a really bad foot. Due to a condition I was born with, my right leg, foot and toes are swollen. My toes aren't formed properly either so are a bit small (short, but fat lol)

Anyhow, recently due to the extent of the swelling, my toe actually folds over my nail, and my nail has grown into it.

I've been waiting for a referral for ages and it's now got worse It's been painful and bleeding through my sock (only where that toe is) for a while, but last night I took Takara for our usual marathon 'wee wee walk' and felt like I was 'squelching' all the way around.
I got home, and took my shoe off and my entire sock was full of blood

Now it's all bandaged up and I have no shoes that will fit over the bandage. My mum had to take the dogs out for me this morning (I knew there was a reason I still live with my mum!) and I'm not impressed!

If I can't find a sandal like the type you wear when you have a cast on, I'm going to throw a wobbler!! We have a show on Friday!!!!!!!!

Sorry - needed to let off steam!
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Oh Lottie how horrible for you really hope you get your referral soon! I know I've been waiting a month and a half for my physiotherapy from the hospital after fracturing my knee cap I went private in the end as it was getting ridiculous!

Well we can be housebound and bored together the only time I get to go out at the moment is when I go to hydrotherapy my dad has been having to take Max out for me for the past 2 and a half months.

Really hope they get it sorted for you, I know there's only so much daytime TV you can watch

Hayley xxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 10:45 AM
That sounds really nasty Lottie. Sorry you're going through this honey xox
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi lottie

Sorry to hear about your toe.......

I found this link is this the kind of thing you are looking for

http://www.benefitsnowshop.co.uk/pro...th_Buckles.htm

Karen
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi Lottie So sorry to hear you are having such a bad time of it at the moment and hope you get your referral soon and that you manage to find a suitable sandal so you can attend the show. Comforting cuddles. Eunice x
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 12:36 PM
ive pm you hun .
these are for you hope you feel a bit better soon and u get your refferal sorted
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Aaw thanks all!

I'm just being soft and feeling sorry for myself!

Karen - thanks for that link, that looks really cool (as far as cast sandals go)... I can see me wearing one for a while because once I've been referred I'll be having an operation to remove all my toenails in my right foot (OUCH!) and amputate the little toe altogether so I think I'm going to need a pretty cast sandal!!

There's a shop just down the road that sells them so I think I'm going to end up going down and seeing if I can get one there...

Bet I get a reet dull one!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I got a sandal... It is, indeed dull but at least I can get around!