Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 11:36 AM

Giving Chloe Away

Well, of course we're not, but some people really must be mad

We went to an open show on Sunday which was Chloe's first and she was a nightmare in the first class and an angel in the second Anyway, i noticed an, um... 'elderly' lady looking at our dogs when they were in the crate and when we got them out to go into the ring. She was also watching very closely when Chloe was in the ring.
When we were getting our stuff ready to go she came over and started saying how nice our dogs were and how much she'd love a lab. She asked if we'd bred Meg and Riley and we said yes and that Chloe was their mum. From that the woman seemed to get the idea that we were professional breeders and that Chloe was an old breeding dog She was pestering for our phone number and kept saying that she wanted one of Chloe's puppies when she has more. She didn't seem to understand that Chloes NOT having any more puppies!! And then (and i couldn't beliece the cheek of her!!) she said 'well, ill take her off your hands' (meaning Chloe!!). Obviously we said no. She's our pet and we'd never give her away, especially to someone at a show!!

Anyway, we finally got away from her and forgot about it all. But last night my mum had a call from the show secretary saying the woman was insisting she be given our number or address (we dont have it printed in the catalogues) and of course we said no, that we dont want our details given to anyone so, hopefully we'll be rid of her!!

Has anyone else heard of this happening? I've heard that a lot of breeders will sell their bitches when they're no longer able to have puppies but i cannot believe that this woman thought a dog that 1) was obviously a pet, and 2) was actually being shown would be given away!! The cheek of some people... I really hope she doesn't get a dog!!! She didn't look capable of looking after one (she must have been close to 70) and certainly not one as big and boisterous as Chloe who needs at least an hour walk a day!! Stoopid woman!!

Glad we dont have our number printed anyway!!

P.S. Who opened this thread planning to yell at me for giving Chloe away on a forum?!
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Me and Bob meet a young woman with a lab mots mornings and she struggles to hold him I can see that 70 yr old beening draged for miles
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 11:54 AM
I should have let her take chloe for a walk shouldn't i?
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2005, 12:06 PM
* She didn't look capable of looking after one (she must have been close to 70)*

Think you might be surprised bout the oldies J

Gwen Broadley was still very much involved with her Labs till shortly before she died aged 92. How old is Peggy Rae, older than 70 I think & shes still actively involved with her dogs
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2005, 12:07 PM
and after a few yards call her back :smt043
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2005, 12:09 PM
well i was gonna tell you off!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Christine - She was very frail looking, she was having trouble walking and certainly didn't look as though she could hold a 34kilo dog when it sees a rabbit Obviously with Chloe being a pet dog she is used to being walked properly and i dont think someone that age could walk a dog for an hour or more
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2005, 12:14 PM
I was going to tell you off too

Yep I'd agree with Christine, some of these 'elderly' ones can surprise you.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

23-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica
Christine - She was very frail looking, she was having trouble walking and certainly didn't look as though she could hold a 34kilo dog when it sees a rabbit Obviously with Chloe being a pet dog she is used to being walked properly and i dont think someone that age could walk a dog for an hour or more
Quite a few of the show dogs are pets as well J & are used to being walked properly Mine are shown & are pets & still walk properly

Remember, you can`t judge a book by its cover
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-11-2005, 12:29 PM
gotta agree i have seen fred (not our fred) member of the leo club handle more than 1 leo in a show and he has to be at least 70.
i think that comes down to the dogs and how well they are trained as to who can walk/handle them.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >