Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2005, 11:20 AM

Do any of your dogs have 'habits'?

Otis Does. We have a round cushion in the living room for him and when he wants to curl up and sleep on it, he jumps on it, circles one way 3 times and the circles the other way 3 times whilst scratching at the middle of the cushion.

It is the funniest sight you could ever see. Its like he is making a little hole for him to bury himself in.

But sometimes he gets really angry when he cant get the hole quite right and he starts crying!!

Weird dog!

jodie x
Sarah M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Hi funny to hear about your dog 'digging ' a hole to sleep in. My puppy does a similar sort of thing, the habit that my puppy, Dylan has got is that he chases everything , be it bikes. joggers or worst of all cars, which could be very dangerous, its getting so bad I don't even want to take him out for a walk, and I did enjoy our walks in the morning, but I daredn't let him of the lead anymore. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Just a constant licking, he won't stop... also runs rounds in circles chasing his tail. Its really funny watching all 4 legs come up off the ground, he gets some speed up too.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Danny chases shadows on the floor. Drives me nuts sometimes but it's funny to watch the wee bear skooting around
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Not sure if it is a habit, but when I refresh Bodhis water bowl, she does the maddest little twisty, excited jumps... Jumps and twists in excitement... I'm sure she has a water fixation! I want to get her swimming...!!
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2005, 12:12 PM
My last dog had a habit of trying to run up driveways or peer over walls into gardens where he'd once seen a cat or squirrel, even if it was only once and he'd seen it years ago. There was one particular house with a step up to the garden gate and every single time we walked past it he would jump up onto the step, stand there for an instant, jump down and continue walking as normal! Maybe it was a canine version of OCD.

Both my dogs have done the turning round and making a nest before settling down to sleep. Meg also has little tantrums if she can't get it just right and ends up scratching the bedding up into a very uncomfortable looking hillock before flopping down on to it with an exasperated sigh.
otis
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Thats it - otis has canine OCD! he really stresses himself out if he cant get his cushion right and circles like a looney until he does. It makes me feel dizzy just watching him!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Cassie stands on the third step at home and 'asks' if she can go upstairs to our bed. It's only when we say 'it's ok, you can go up to bed' that she actually does. She also has to walk along the wall at the park we go to as if she's on a balance beam. LOL
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2005, 12:30 PM
My last dog used to walk on walls too. If we were walking along the street and there was a low wall, I'd see him look at me out of the corner of his eye to see if he could get away with it and then leap onto the wall and walk along on top of it, just like I used to do with my mum when I was a child! He really seemed to enjoy this balancing act. He once got a shock when he jumped onto a wall which was about a foot high on the street side but had a 20ft drop on the other side! He jumped down from that one straight away.

Meg's other funny habit is if you rub her tummy or scratch her anywhere from the waist back, when you've finished she'll have a good look and sniff at that part of herself afterwards to make sure she's still got everything she had before you started tickling her. I don't know what she thinks I'd take from her, but she always has to check!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-12-2005, 12:39 PM
tob has a habbit of cleaning ears.....he doesn't mind who's ours......hollys.....cats any thing that has ears gets the once over.
he also goes for bare feet if he gets the chance!
hol bounces around at the gate up and down like a kangroo its to get attention from any one who looks.
she like to get a toy and torment tob with it then run into the bed.i think she thinks its den so shes safe in there, just like kids playing dobby on with a toy.
dogs who would have em.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >