Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2014, 05:10 PM

We Got Attacked...

Another one of those events that can seem unbelievable the next morning. If I didn't still have some moderately deep scratches in my leg I would definitely say it was a bad dream.
Late last night I took Sophie for a walk. First off we ran into two different dogs. She has attacked another dog and killed several cats so we try to walk at a time when we'll be alone.
Okay I got her pulled the opposite way of the other dogs. Then as we walked past a corner house she took perhaps two steps onto the driveway. I recognized the pull that there was something in front of her so I pulled her back hard.
Out of the darkness came a terrier sized creature, black or dark gray in color. It was a cat. A big, angry, spitting cat. I pulled Sophie down the sidewalk away from the house and it chased us.
One of those surreal moments when you just don't know what to do. A neighbor called from across the street-but she had a dog with her too, so she couldn't be of any help. Finally halfway down the block Hell Kitty gave up and disappeared.
Needless to say I got Sophie home and checked her for scratches. Only then did I see the slice and dice job done on my lower leg. I saved your life you stupid cat thanks a lot!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Oh, gosh. Cats are so unappreciative! Hope you're all right, cat scratches are easily infected and can be a mess to deal with so hope you washed that really good etc. Good job for managing your doggy so no kitty lost his life for being "catty"

Well done and maybe kitty will leave you alone next time. Or maybe you'll let Sophie eat him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Oooh nasty we had one when we first moved to Fennells and it use to lay in wait for the dogs that use to be walked and leap on them our Max had his nose scratched very close to his eye.
I always use to put myself in the firing line after that. As Myra says keep those scratches clean.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Ouch hope you're ok.Good job with Sophie though
lorniec
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Phew that was close..... where I used to live in cat used to stalk us every morning just being curious though!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Cat scratches, apart from being very painful, can be very dangerous.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=46695
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Thank you everyone...I just can't imagine. I've had cats my whole life and never saw anything like it. We have a few house cats who get punchy if a nose goes under their tail perhaps, but they don't set full scale attacks. And actually I'm somewhat relieved it was Sophie.
Callie ignores cats, is friendly with other dogs but if I had been walking him in the same situation I don't think it would have ended well. The first thought in his rock hard head would be "Something is hurting Mommy GRAAHHHHH"...and there might not have been too much cat left.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2014, 10:26 PM
We're all just glad nobody was seriously hurt. We have a NASTY cat who has hooked claws in several dogs noses and eyes over the years. They avoid her altogether, which is smart.

My previous dog would have done what Callie would have done, too. Thankfully, cats seemed to know he was not a threat and never bothered him when they saw him.