Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:27 PM

Remus is back.

Well Remus is Sleepy but all went fine. He was exceptionally glad to be fed, and I was pretty glad to drop him off this morning after he had a right old teenage strop because I fed Tonks and not him...barking and teeth snapping at him, drag the bucket out from under the stairs and threw it round the lounge, then ended up wrestling the sofa and standing on his head barking until he got an attack of the reverse sneezes. He barked at everyone he saw on his little morning walk, not something he usually does and I swear he was shouting 'somebody feeeeeed meeeeeeee!' Lol.

Tonks' went for a check on a lump on her ankle and it turns out it is in the skin rather than under it so our vet would like remove it. the Atopica she is on for her Atopy can mean that lumps grow out of control quickly. He tried to aspirwte it but although she was ok with having the needle put in it she didnt want to stand still for the aspiration so he stopped. He
also wants to look at a lump I've found on her tongue Under anaesthetic.......And while i was tickling her for her to stand still i found a tiny tiny lump in back leg pit which is possibly mammary tissue tumour. 😞

Plus having to put up with nasty comments from a lady with a JRT who she let charge right up to Tonks' panting, scrabling and barking as soon as it got in the waiting room.....despite her sayin 'Er a staffie' as soon as she saw her. Unusually for Tonks she gave a tiny warning growl....obviously justifying the ladies views that they are all dangerous as she said 'see what I mean!' We then had to share the waiting room for 15 minutes where tos was impeccably behaved lying at my feet while her lept on and off her lap and thrashed about at he end of its lead inches from Tonks.

Bit of a rubbish day really!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Good to hear Remus has it all over Hope Tonks is going to be o.k.As for lady in waiting room.....B..ACHE!!
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Glad to hear Remus is home and recovering. Your description of him having a strop really made me laugh - talk about infantile ha ha. The woman in the vet with the JRT needs to go boil her head for 10 mins.

I do hope everything is ok with Tonks it is a worry when you find lumps and bumps.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Aww, poor Tonks! Fingers (and paws) crossed everything goes well for her x

Glad Remus is ok though Maybe he'll be less of a nutter now haha
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Fingers crossed for Tonks and glad to hear Remus is fine.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm feeling a bit low about it all really..which is unlike me.

From now on in vets Tonks will be kept in a corner and fed treats so she retains her record as one of the vet practice' best clients.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2013, 08:10 PM
I am pleased that Remus is back home again, make the most of him being sleepy, it won't last long.

Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Thank you everyone. I'm feeling a bit low about it all really..which is unlike me.

From now on in vets Tonks will be kept in a corner and fed treats so she retains her record as one of the vet practice' best clients.
You may not be able to feed Tonks treats in the waiting room, it will depend on what is going to be done.

I used to be a very quiet person who wouldn't say boo to a goose but thanks to owners like that I don't hesitate to tell them to keep their dogs or children under control. The receptionists always hide when they see something brewing, that have to in case the other client sees them laughing as I am saying what they want to and can't.

Catrin, mass cell tumours is common in Staffies, there is someone doing research on this at the moment, I was contacted by them because of Ellie, she had quite a lot.

There is also short toe syndrome, Cyril has one of his front toes a lot shorter than the others, I have only recently found this out.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
I am pleased that Remus is back home again, make the most of him being sleepy, it won't last long.

You may not be able to feed Tonks treats in the waiting room, it will depend on what is going to be done.

I used to be a very quiet person who wouldn't say boo to a goose but thanks to owners like that I don't hesitate to tell them to keep their dogs or children under control. The receptionists always hide when they see something brewing, that have to in case the other client sees them laughing as I am saying what they want to and can't.

Catrin, mass cell tumours is common in Staffies, there is someone doing research on this at the moment, I was contacted by them because of Ellie, she had quite a lot.

There is also short toe syndrome, Cyril has one of his front toes a lot shorter than the others, I have only recently found this out.
True, she will quite happily sit there with no treats if she is not allowed to have any food. What I mean is I won't put her in a position where she comes face to face with a dog who wants to jump in her face. Instead well sit in the corner having a snuggle. If dogs do that to her on walks she just wonder off ignoring them...but I suppose she doesn't have that option on lead in a waiting room so she chose to say go away please!

I should have said to her when she was struggling to control h JRT 'oh typical uncontrollable terrier eh?' But I just talked to Tonks instead and was very please when the vet nurses came out saying 'where's out favourite girl then!'

That's interesting about the tumours she has had one taken off her ear previously. Can't remember what it was called but it was a slow growing non malignant type.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Oh and as for Remus, he is past the quiet stage and on to the wrestles whining and pacing stage. he had chicken and rice when he came home but I've just given him some of Tonks' salmon and potato Wafcol and he's finally settled down next to me. Also taken is soft buster collar on so that has helped.....but it will be back on again for bedtime!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Oh you poor thing, what a horrible day you've had. So pleased Remus is back home where he belongs and everything crossed that Tonks will be fine.

As for the bludy woman in the waiting room .... what a c*w I hope peace reigns on your house tonight. ((hugs)).