Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Hi Dawn, Her parents were both clear but we havn't had her tested I will ask the vets to do a quick test before doing the op. However she has been bitten by the other dog and stopped bleeding very quickly. I dont think theres too much of a worry.

OMG I never thought about it, but could she catch diseases off that other dog that bit her?!?!
If the parents were clear thats fine, she is too! Best of luck.
Dawn.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
Hi guys,

me and my OH are trying to work out which days to book off work to be with Roxy after she has had the op in April. He can take a week off but I'm not sure how long they take to heal? I dont want to bung her round my sisters with 2 dogs jumping on her until she is fully healed up.

Also I dont really want to leave her alone at the time as she might catch the wound on something.

Any advice welcome please.
We had our girl speyed in August and although I was fortunate in that I didn't have to work over the summer, I personally would have taken time off until after the stitches came out (10 or so days after the operation).
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Zanta had dissovable stitches but they did take about 10 days to dissapear,she also had an umbilical hernia done so had to be on restricted lead exersize for 4 weeks.She moaned the first night but then was fine she also got an infection but that quickly cleared up with oral antibiotics.
She was off lead running around after 6 weeks as advised by the vet they will help you out if you have any worries.
Good luck it is a worrying time but they are ok.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks Stamford thats really helpful, I've decided to take the full ten days off now up until they are out, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks everyone for your experiences, puts my mind at ease a bit
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2