View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ToxicBunny
New Member!
Female 

27-11-2008, 11:09 PM

American Bulldog...Free to good home....please help...Urgent!!!

Hi,
I have a 6 month American bulldog, johnson type, full papers, ABA reg.
I need to rehome her urgently as im moving in a week and cannot take her with me.
I did have somewhere for her to go but the person has let me down due to my pup falling of a wall, shattering her knee and having to have her back leg amputated.
All the dog homes are full and i dont want to have to phone the dog warden as i have heard that they will put her down in 7 days. She dont deserve to die.
If you can offer her a home or a foster placement please get in touch or if you know of anyone that can help.
Im based in birmingham, west midlands.
Reply hear or my email is sweetypie1002@hotmail.com.
Thankyou.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2008, 11:25 PM
please contact bullies in need or american bulldog rescue as they shoul dbe able to help and are specific breed rescue.

Can the breeder not take this dog back - at only 6 months old surely they could rehome.

Very sorry to hear you cant keep your dog, but rescue centres are fit to bursting and the breed rescue should be the next port of call if the breeder cant/wont have your dog back.

good luck
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 05:42 AM
Hope you find a solution x
ToxicBunny
New Member!
Female 

28-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
please contact bullies in need or american bulldog rescue as they shoul dbe able to help and are specific breed rescue.

Can the breeder not take this dog back - at only 6 months old surely they could rehome.

Very sorry to hear you cant keep your dog, but rescue centres are fit to bursting and the breed rescue should be the next port of call if the breeder cant/wont have your dog back.

good luck
Are in touch with the breed specific rescues, but thought i would try every avenue, cannot get in touch with the breeder, if nothing else works, il have to phone the dog warden, but dont want to do this as have heard they will put her down within 7 days.
Does not look good at the moment,
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I would try the breeder first rather than leaving them as a last resort.

Hope you find something.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 12:54 PM
That must have been a heck of a fall to need amputation. How is the dog coping with it? I take it the dog will need special care?
ToxicBunny
New Member!
Female 

28-11-2008, 03:28 PM
the breeders are not the last resort, have tryed them but it seems impossible to get in touch, so have tryed absolutly everything.
It was a bad fall, the wall in our garden isnt really that high but she was chasing her ball on the grass part (our garden has 3 levels) which is the second level and the ball went off the wall and she slipped off to, and landed on her side and knee.
The break couldnt be fixed because the fracture was in her knee cap and when the vet tryed to put the pins/plate in the bone was crumbling and causing more fractures.
But now that she has had her leg amputated she is perfectly fine she goes about her buissness as before and is coping fine, i think it hit us more than it bothered her. no different care needed from a normal dog, so no, she needs no special care, no ongoing treatment, just a loving, stable home.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I hope you find a good home for your dog x
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2008, 09:21 AM
How about Dogs Trust - they don't put dogs down. Hope you get somewhere for her.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I was about to say Dogs Trust...got beaten to it.

I know I am a outider, but please don't ring the dog warden, it would be heartbreaking to see her being taken off like that.....have you put a advert in your vets. What part of Birmingham are you in (if you don't mind me asking) Or gone onto any of the site where you could advertise her and you could visit the home and do your own homecheck.

I'm in Birmingham, if you like I could ask our vets to pop a ad up for you.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >