Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Is there anything we can do to help?
Do'nt know Moobli. Hopefully Alexa will come on and give us an update. This rescue is only five minutes down the road from me. I was going to give them a call to see if there was anything I could do to help.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 04:08 PM
That is shocking news. Hope they manage to find somewhere else soon.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 05:20 PM
OMG!!! thats terrible news.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Is there anything we can do to help?
there's a section on the forums part of their website with ideas for help etc, it may be worth checking that out (sorry if I'm not allowed to say that...but I didn't put the link...... )
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Hi All

As you have requested to be updated with the situation this is what has happened.

When we moved into our property Sept 2005, the landlords approached the council and asked if what we would be doing would be a problem, the answer was no. The neighbours were also approached and their views asked, no one minded what we would be doing.

June 2006 we had a visit from the planning officials saying that there had been complaints about what we were doing as the land was origionally for agricultural use and that we would need change of use planning permission. We investigated and asked all the correct questions and were told that the council would support us and guide us through and that should it be declined they would work with us to give us tips on what we could do to help the appeal.

Two weeks ago, we had a letter refusing planning permission. No offer of help, telling us that all rescue dogs nust be off the premises by 9th Feb, after this date, no rescue dogs must be on the premises at all, they will be allowed no visitors relating to the resue to come and go and they are not allowed to use the private fields out the back for excercising dogs. All dogs are being turned away for the time being or being put on a waiting list that was already very long, we are having to expolain that we dont know if and when we will be able to help.

Its very sad and a death sentance for may dogs, particularly those from Ireland we usually help.

Wiccaweys are placing an appeal and have a multinational planning company putting this together for them for free, however we are sure that it will fail and it could take months, we are not allowed to continue our work during the appeal so the 9th of Feb is final. Unfortunately the appeal will carry on long after this date so we cannot afford for the dogs sakes to hang around hoping for this to come through.

We have been looking for new premises, bearing in mind it took 2 years to find the current property, one or two may be possibles should the landlords allow us to move in however they are very expensive and we would struggle financially and possibly not survive very long anyhow - we will be giving it a go if we get teh chance though.

All people can do to help at the moment is help to raise the profile of Wiccs. The more poeple that know who we are and what we do the better, someone somewhere may be able to help.

Fundraising is also another option if you wanted to put something on in aid of Wiccaweys it is always appreciated., we will be needing money whichever route we go down, if we mive we have to start from scratch securing and custominsing a property.

The other alternative is to donate, a one of or a monthly donation as part of the Friends of Wiccaweys scheme. Every penny counts in rescue as Im sure you all know and will do even more so soon.

Thank you for all your nice comments and concerns above, it is lovely to know that we are supported so much. Things are looking very bleak and we will shut down if an alternative solution cannot be found. I have already started co-orinating the move of dogs from the premises should the worst happen.

Alexa
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Oh my goodness, what awful news! I do hope your appeal is successful, if not I wish you all the very best in finding new premises.
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2007, 04:12 AM
Hi

Can't you get some sort of campaign going in one of the national papers, they like things like that to tug at peoples' heart strings, it might make the council extend their time limit.

You may get some donations as well, how could these miserable bu--ers do this to you.

Those collies just wouldn't have a chance without you.

Hope something good happens for you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Oh no. This is nothing more than a death sentence to those poor dogs that cannot be rehomed/resited within the pitifully short time given by the local b*stards ... sorry, meant to type council but it just came out.

I hope they are thoroughly ashamed of themselves.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Maybe trying to get a bit of publicity about the plight of Wiccaways with the local press & tv stations will give you a bit more time & help?
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Maybe trying to get a bit of publicity about the plight of Wiccaways with the local press & tv stations will give you a bit more time & help?
I was thinking that. The local papers in Warwickshire are normally very good. What about letters to the Council concerned in support of it. Would that help at all. Time is short but alot of councils will back down if they are shown in a compremising light shall we say.
They're are alot of dogsey members that live in Warwickshire, so I'm sure any physical help you may need would be given. Just give us a shout on here.
I would certainly help in any way I could.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >