Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
recca215
New Member!
Female 

29-09-2016, 05:52 AM

Help for dog bed!

So I just got a new poodle which will be arriving late october and I am thinking of buying a new dog bed for her. I found this review site http://dogbedanswers.com/ which reviews dog beds but I still don't know which bed should I buy. Have any of you bought something similar from what they reviewed? I really hope you could give me some feedback
CrazyDogLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2016, 05:55 AM
Hi ☺️ Oh a poodle!!! I like them a lot, I'm picking mine up in December.
For my GSD girl though we originally bought a flat padded bed which she dragged around with her from room to room wherever she was. Depends on size of dog too? Standard, Miniture or Toy?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2016, 07:28 AM
Depends what size poodle? They do like to stretch out so one that is bigger than when they are stretched out and with lots of padding.
Ms. M
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-09-2016, 04:39 AM
Hi, look like this a great timing. I found some good information when it comes to the bed for dog so I would like to share this to you about the top 8 dogs bed you can choose all you want that perfect for your taste that perfect for your dog.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2016, 09:47 AM
Personally, I would recommend one that can go in the washing machine. I have one for my Ben (a large Alaskan Malamute x) that is a thick, buttoned pad with a built in cover and the whole thing just goes into the washing machine with some dettol laundry powder, and non bio washing powder on a 60 degree wash and comes out good as new! I bought it from Pets At Home.

We used to have beds with removable covers, but I found these an awful faff - much easier just to have something that goes in complete. It was very useful when Ben had mites because every 2 days we could "sterilise" his bed.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-09-2016, 10:20 AM
Only Diesel has a bed as such, he has two the same and a smaller version in his crate. They all use it when not sitting on me. It's a Dogdoza waterproof bed, the cover is a tough canvas and has survived his digging really well. The cover is removable and goes in the washing machine or you can pressure wash the whole thing. I don't think the filler pad would fit in my machine as it's very thick although when it went a bit flat I added a couple of pillows and it's now very plump. If the like something to snuggle into you can add a fleece or vet bed to it but Diesel just bundles them up to use as a pillow so I gave up.

He has this one in grey with black sides, the photo makes it look shiny but it's canvas and matt.
http://www.dogdoza.co.uk/Dog-Doza-Ac...urs_p_264.html
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2016, 05:17 PM
Bought Rosie a bed when she was a pup. She very soon found that the best bed was mine or the sofa. Bye, bye dog bed
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Watch out for how dog beds are stuffed, avoid foam filled one