tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Really hoping he gets one of them, Lynn
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2016, 04:13 PM
Thank you June us too could do with one worry at least being crossed off the list.
No news on the car was hoping it would of gone on the diagnostic equipment yesterday problem pinpointed and fixed today.
Oh well always tomorrow although he shuts about 2 I think.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-09-2016, 04:19 PM

Re Sue's previous post this is what we are trying to achieve, that is hide the compost bins now the old fence is down.

My problem is the ground is like rock, even the screw hole tool had a job. Next is the oak tree, to get a hole near enough is neigh impossible due to roots and last is the small bush and garden path. So I have started roughly where the 2 trellis panels meet which gives me a fixed point to work from. he panels coming Saturday are 6x3 ft. So looks as if i have a choice of laying longways and fix to the tree or upright and fill in gap to tree with fence fencing. I do wish the tree had grown up straight it would have made it so much easier
Seriously thinking to lay the panels long ways and put timber underneath to raise it up a bit
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2016, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I said I didn't want to be having this same conversation come Christmas.
But you probably will be Just kidding Even a non profit housing association must be able to reach a decision by then. Don't they have insurance for things like this
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2016, 04:37 PM
Yes, Harvey, they do. Anyone would think it was their own personal money at stake.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
this is what we are trying to achieve, that is hide the compost bins now the old fence is down.
Could you come out a bit further, put a second post in, and go right angle across to the exisiting fence between the oak tree and the other tree

Might need two panels but the join in the middle wouldn't need a post in the ground as it would be supported at the fence end.

Will be a bit bigger than you planned but there will always be things you and Sue want to 'hide' (e.g. the wheel barrow maybe) so won't be wasted space.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-09-2016, 06:09 PM
No would not work, Sue wants a smaller space as possible behind the trellis.
So we decided to make it 3 ft high and 5 ft long on a base of something like this.

Obviously this is just to give an idea of angles for the trellis and nothing fixed as yet. The upright well be cut do to size as the last step
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Sue wants a smaller space as possible behind the trellis.
Well, that's it, no further discussion needed
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-09-2016, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Then put all of the 4 girls into the car and we went up to the football field and they had a good charge round after a few squeaky balls.
Really lovely photos, they all look happy, and don't need to say I'm so pleased Lona is making progress, at her age it will be slow but from what you've said it sounds like she will be OK progress reports whenever you have time please
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2016, 09:43 PM
She had Manuka honey with her tea. I gave her and Zen some tinned mackerel in brine, rinsed the brine off first obviously, but I thought the salty fish would help keep her mouth clean, then I mashed the honey into the fish, bit of steamed veg, put some cottage cheese and yogurt on top for her and she cleared the dish in seconds. Zen had hers with some veg and a baked potato. Other 3 had a meaty dinosaur bone.
I think she's in pain to be honest, she was getting near the time of her AB and was getting agitated about it (they are every 12 hours and am giving them at 9am and 9pm) lots of groaning and muttering from her. Needs to go out frequently as well. She has the painkiller in her food in the morning, once a day, am going to ask the vet tomorrow if I can give her more painkiller or split it between two meals.He was saying to me the AB's have a painkiller in as well.
I'm absolutely on my last legs, back really hurting and very tired. See how it goes tomorrow at her check up
Glad you liked the piccies Harvey, still no visit from the RSPCA to see my ill treated girls. Neighbours think its hilarious and crack jokes about it
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >