Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
daisylynn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Daisy - I don't often look at the 'shelter' type threads because it makes me so mad to think that people can just discard these lovely animals when it suits them and reminds me of just how cruel humans can be.

But I did enjoy looking at these photos and knowing that your 'shelter' will not put down a healthy dog.

Even if you only do one day a week there that is still a wonderful gesture and I hope you contunue to enjoy it. Remember that those who have never known the devotion and loyalty of a dog by their side are poor indeed and should be pitied by those who have.
Your post is inspiring.

The no kill rescue and the volunteers there reminds me of how gentle and kind and compassionate people can be. Some dogs come from terrible homes, but you wouldn't believe it if you saw how much progress they make on their individual issues every Saturday. For an example, Jasper met a dog today and for the first time held in his excitement and didn't jump on the other dog's head. Ellie (haven't gotten a picture yet) let me get within a foot of her food to give her a after dinner biscuit, showing great progress with her food aggression. (I'm rambling, I'm going to stop now....)

If only the world could see what I see in these dogs. How gentle and sweet and beautiful these dogs can be. I love every minute of it. If only I could describe how happy these dogs make me. It's like all things good and beautiful all rolled into each dog, and the only possible result is happiness beyond anything drugs or food or people or objects can produce.

And I sound totally weird... But it's just because I can't describe it right.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Lovely photos of all the gorgeous dogs and what a lovely thing to do by helping there and bringing a bit of happiness to them while they are waiting for their forever homes

Angus is gorgeous
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2