View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I'm sorry but I am one of the people who HATE to see people rehoming an animal that has given the owners their all only to be rehomed because something else came along..

Of course you're baby is more important BUT as any responsible parent/dog owner would'nt leave their baby alone with the dog anyway I really don't see your issue!..They already live in a garage..not an ideal situation but managed correctly it should be acheivable..

I personally don't think you have given the dog enough chance to come to terms with the baby..all you will succeed in doing is making the dog wary of the baby as you are keeping her away..

The breeder should NOT be breeding if they cannot take back their pups..irresponsible idiots!!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:00 AM
I think that regardless of the way anyone who has not met the dog feels you have done everything you could do to try and sort the situation out.

Taking advice from a forum on such an issue after a reputable behaviourist has been in and seen the dog and the situation would be irresponsible and possibly dangerous.

The breeder won't want a spayed bitch back andyou are doing the right thin g trying to rehome her.

Good luck.

rune
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Please keep us informed Dan xxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 07:41 PM
How sad for you

Go in the behaviour & training section, I am sure people with NI's will give you thier experiences and try to help.....I hope all goes well xxx
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Is the dog registered with the NIS do you know? If she is then have you tried contacting the Northern Inuit Society? They might be able to get her into a foster home or help with rehoming her.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
Is the dog registered with the NIS do you know? If she is then have you tried contacting the Northern Inuit Society? They might be able to get her into a foster home or help with rehoming her.
The breed advisor for the NIS wouldnt even take one of her own back, what makes you think they will help with somebody elses?
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
The breed advisor for the NIS wouldnt even take one of her own back, what makes you think they will help with somebody elses?
Because they have...I've fostered for them before...
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I think that regardless of the way anyone who has not met the dog feels you have done everything you could do to try and sort the situation out.

Taking advice from a forum on such an issue after a reputable behaviourist has been in and seen the dog and the situation would be irresponsible and possibly dangerous.

The breeder won't want a spayed bitch back andyou are doing the right thin g trying to rehome her.

Good luck.

rune
I agree wholeheartedly with Rune.
I think you are doing the responsible thing.
Good luck
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
Because they have...I've fostered for them before...
Then thats even sadder, that this old dog was left in rescue indefinitely with full knowledge of his breeder and she did nothing to get him out. Appalling but sadly predictable..
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Can I ask, did you get her from a breeder in lincoln, she looks very much like one of theirs from her colouring, I too think you maybe havent given her enough of a chance, though many NI are high prey drive, they are usually excellent with children
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »