Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Ok done a bit of digging and called the helpline. This dog is still with the owner and they are helping her to rehome the dog but he is not what you would class as being in rescue as such.

The NIS are trying to get in touch with the owner but so far they havent got back to them and are not answering any calls.
So who be telling lies now Rachel? That totally NOT what Ive just been told in a PM, more stories........................... (Not laying blame either, thanks for trying)
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:24 PM
LOL no not lies just wrong ends of the stick! The owner does still have the dog i believe, this was what the lady at the helpline said or pointed to as does the info on there site. I thought the person the NIS couldnt get hold of was the owner not the rescue but go the wrong end of the stick!

Passed the info on now and i am sure everyone is going to work together to get him the best home.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:26 PM
LOL no not lies just wrong ends of the stick! The owner does still have the dog i believe, this was what the lady at the helpline said or pointed to as does the info on there site. I thought the person the NIS couldnt get hold of was the owner not the rescue but go the wrong end of the stick!

Passed the info on now and i am sure everyone is going to work together to get him the best home.
You believe wrong, the dogs been in kennels for at least 3 weeks. Sorry, you may be telling me the truth, but somebody else isnt if thats the case.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:30 PM
how strange then because the info she gave me was that they were helping her to find him a home and on the website under his info it says he is living with 3 husky bitches? Odd how the people at the rescue dont even know where he is.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 05:37 PM
how strange then because the info she gave me was that they were helping her to find him a home and on the website under his info it says he is living with 3 husky bitches? Odd how the people at the rescue dont even know where he is.
Yeah how odd, that the people you would expect to know tell me something completely different to what you are. And you wonder why people question the ethics of people in this type of dog.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry not been on for a couple of days.

Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Why on earth hasn't his breeder had him back? Who bred him? If he was an NIS rehome, surely they know who bred him? Why is he in a general rescue? Why havent the NIS gone and taken him out and finding him a new home instead of leaving him in a general rescue? What is wrong with these people?
There were some other posts I wanted to quote in relation to the other dogs and the bitch but couldn't be bothered trawling through them all twice so will awnser to the best of my knowledge though no doubt I'll get crap elsewhere for it. The facts as I know them are:

Chief was bred by JK, though he came into NIS rescue with no papers. The bitch he was put too when the origional owners had him was Storm. Storm was bred by Laura of Shadowlands and she took the bitch back. I don't know why Chief didn't go back to JK but instead ended up being fostered by the then rescue co-ordinator Carmen after she had done the 600+ mile round journey to collect them and their pups and drop Storm at Laura's. The 2 pups I think were fostered by someone else until they could be found new homes. One of them did go on to have an accidental litter as at the time I don't think the NIS has any sort of proper spey/neuter policy in place like they do now. The lady that had the accidental litter has been trying hard to find out the pedigree's for the pups but always draws a blank when she hits Chief as Julie can't remember who he is out of any no-one else seems to know either. And clearly if JK is unable to find out then there are no official records of him on the database (well thats my theory anyway).

Whilst Chief is being advertised on 'rescue' sites I do believe he is actually still with the current owners the 'rescues' are just trying to help in finding him a home so he can be re-homed direct from where he is - He is not in a rescue centre!

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
Kate, do you know why the original owner, assumming they are the ones who used Chief to breed from, had to give him and their other dogs up? I ask you as you said they had a genuine reason for rehoming him?
Yes Nes it was the origional owners who bred them and they kept the pups (well 2 of them at least) from said litter. I can't really remember the reason properly so my facts maybe slightly off here but I 'think' they used to live on a farm or something and the dogs all had lots of land to free roam on, I believe they went bankrupt or something to that effect and were being forced to drastically downsize and therefore would not have had the space in which to keep the dogs as well as struggling financially (I would imagine) which would also make keeping so many dogs difficult. I do believe the dogs were very much loved, very well cared for and spoiled rotten by the original owners and it was a very difficult decision for them to let them go.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post

There were some other posts I wanted to quote in relation to the other dogs and the bitch but couldn't be bothered trawling through them all twice so will awnser to the best of my knowledge though no doubt I'll get crap elsewhere for it. The facts as I know them are:

Chief was bred by JK, though he came into NIS rescue with no papers. The bitch he was put too when the origional owners had him was Storm. Storm was bred by Laura of Shadowlands and she took the bitch back. I don't know why Chief didn't go back to JK
She obviously is aware of his situation now though, so, why isn't he back with her so he can be placed ? I'm not trying to have a go just wondering why, from the bottom of my heart why some breeders will not help their dogs when they fall on hard times
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 03:30 PM
JK can't remember who is the mother of Cheif but SHE BRED HIM!!..Ummmm ok..this is the founder of the breed..the head of the committee etc..and supposed record keeper/starter/god/all seeing/all knowing..and she doesn't even know where a dog she bred came from!!!

WHen you can't remember...that means you are breeding WAY WAY too much!!

Wicked, wicked and evil..
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2010, 03:34 PM
If you lot aren't going to help poor Chief find a home in his later days then ****** off his thread and stop destroying his chances.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post

Chief was bred by JK, though he came into NIS rescue with no papers. The bitch he was put too when the origional owners had him was Storm. Storm was bred by Laura of Shadowlands and she took the bitch back. I don't know why Chief didn't go back to JK but instead ended up being fostered by the then rescue co-ordinator Carmen after she had done the 600+ mile round journey to collect them and their pups and drop Storm at Laura's. The 2 pups I think were fostered by someone else until they could be found new homes. One of them did go on to have an accidental litter as at the time I don't think the NIS has any sort of proper spey/neuter policy in place like they do now. The lady that had the accidental litter has been trying hard to find out the pedigree's for the pups but always draws a blank when she hits Chief as Julie can't remember who he is out of any no-one else seems to know either. And clearly if JK is unable to find out then there are no official records of him on the database (well thats my theory anyway).

Whilst Chief is being advertised on 'rescue' sites I do believe he is actually still with the current owners the 'rescues' are just trying to help in finding him a home so he can be re-homed direct from where he is - He is not in a rescue centre!

Yes Nes it was the origional owners who bred them and they kept the pups (well 2 of them at least) from said litter. I can't really remember the reason properly so my facts maybe slightly off here but I 'think' they used to live on a farm or something and the dogs all had lots of land to free roam on, I believe they went bankrupt or something to that effect and were being forced to drastically downsize and therefore would not have had the space in which to keep the dogs as well as struggling financially (I would imagine) which would also make keeping so many dogs difficult. I do believe the dogs were very much loved, very well cared for and spoiled rotten by the original owners and it was a very difficult decision for them to let them go.
I am surprised that Julie can't remember who he is from (parent wise) as I am sure she said she has only ever bred the odd patchy pup? Or perhaps I am wrong. Like you say , it is strange ref the 'data' base. Not brilliantly effective by the sounds of things, then again he is approx 10 years old, perhaps there was no record keeping at that time.

Ref the accidental litter, OMG
Ref letting him go, I really cannot relate to it, so many dogs being three I understand they may have lost their farm etc and feel for them but , I bet the dogs would've been better with them even if they did down size, rather than the risk that they would end up here, there and everywhere , as has happened with at least one of these dogs, namely Chief.
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »