Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the replies

Keep your fingers crossed for Finn. We are due to go back to the vet in the middle of May for his booster and health check so will see how things go until then. Will be interesting to see if the rice free food makes a difference to his weight He has gained weight now and is 30kg but when feeding lamb & rice food he is eating massive amounts for his weight.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Carole I hope you have found the cause and he carries on being itch free and gaining weight.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Fingers and toes are crossed.
chrissyjay1
New Member!
Female 

25-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Just reading through the posts, and this is exactly what my Douge is going through!! Hope Finns doing well, Carole. And I will be taking steps to change Ralfys food! Cheers all!
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Glad to hear that he is improving Out of curiousity - what food have you changed him on to and what was he on before?
Carole
Supervisor

25-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Finn is doing really well since I stopped feeding in rice based food. On his last vet visit he weighed just under 33kg which is a big difference from last year when he weighed just under 26kg.

I hope you get to the bottom of Ralfy's problems
Carole
Supervisor

25-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
Glad to hear that he is improving Out of curiousity - what food have you changed him on to and what was he on before?
Not sure if this question is for me or not

Finn was on Canidae Lamb & Rice previously. We changed to Arden Grange Fish & Potato in March last year but have recently switched to Challenge Salmon & Potato.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Not sure if this question is for me or not

Finn was on Canidae Lamb & Rice previously. We changed to Arden Grange Fish & Potato in March last year but have recently switched to Challenge Salmon & Potato.
Whoops! Didn't read the original start date

Yes it was aimed at you, thanks for replying
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-03-2009, 02:19 PM
hey Carole,my dogo is allergetic to alot of things and it shows in her weight,we have narrowed it down to corn wheat and soya, oh ..benut butter,and cheeze and beef..wow....nowing all that her stomach is very sensitive to ALL food,she will vomit if there is something that is hard among the soft ,in the same bowl....i have to feed her 1.5 times the amount of her daily intake just to make sure she gets all of the requierments ......vet recommended.....it a tough road for her and me to ..she seem to be fine for days at a time but is a dog that will always vomits regualarly..sad but true ..im constantly looking for the right combo of feed that will stop this ....i refere to a book called ..better food for dogs. i take this info and use it to see if there is anything that will help my girl..trial and error ,so to speek,she is one of the biggest dogos known to the dogo club of amarica..31 inches and 120 ..the standard is 26 and 75 lbs..she is a huge girl and is only 16 months..lots more room to grow , dogos matue at 3 ....i hope that you can find an answer for your dog , its taxing and leaves me wondering if there is any more i can do .if you have any succes id like to here about iit ...respectfully ..phil
Carole
Supervisor

26-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Since I posted this thread last year we have found that removing rice from his diet was the answer Thankfully Finn was never sick just that the food seemed to go straight through him and not be digested
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >