View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 06:11 PM
The Easy Walk Harnes looks like it works on the same principle, possibly easier to get over here.

Hollie is very good, and does have a harness - one hat stops pulling but can't remember the name! - but hers controls from the back, whereas as these do it from the front.

I am recovering from a back injury and poor Hollie is not having very good walks at the moment. This sort of harness might be good for me to use at the moment.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
I can highly recommend it Lynn. It is virtually impossible for the to pull against it. It has something to do with the fact that it comes across their breast bone. Well worth checking out. (I'm not earning any commission I swear!)

Are you sure. I wonder if he would be happier with that,he doesn't get on with the harness that the lead attaches to the back as he only pulls when he see's another dog so him being able to walk nicely with lead at the front might be better for him.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 08:00 PM
I am struggling to find one in the UK!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Just ordered a Gentle Leader Easy Walk Harness - work on the same principle and I think it will be better for my back.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Berger, looks great but can I add if Ivan really pulls Harness's can put a lot of pressure on the Shoulders and damage them.

I would also use Dogmatic/etc so not all the pressure is on the Shoulders

I found the Best way to teach Cookie/Kai how to walk too heel was have a Piece of chicken in your Hand never fails
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2007, 09:31 PM
must admit i would be wary of using a harness on a leo.
mine was by using the dogmatic.
amie i tried everything tob would take it drop it and carry on.........
it was no big deal after a while.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 09:50 PM
You really need to change the food every walk I used cheese chicken,liver Cake and Kai's favorite was raw cabbage

Food that they never ever have any other time.
This really only walks for Dogs that loves food

Kai still wears a Dogmatic because he sometimes takes a dislike to certain Dogs but never pulls otherwise.

Cookie only ever pulls now if someone walks past with food (like a while ago as someone walked past with a Beefburger she went straight past him never stopped but on the way past took his burger )
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-01-2007, 09:53 PM
ops i would have lol.
ours are both on a roller collar and lead now hol has her moments though.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi all
I am teaching Ivan to walk on a loose lead and he is doing so well. My Trainer told me that this harness is designed so that there is virtually no pressure put on any part of the dog, and it is true Ivan tried to pull but couldn't, as he tried to pull because the lead attaches to the front I was able to just guide him around towards me. Hopefully it will continue to work even as he grows. Fingers crossed.
cuzbull
Dogsey Junior

24-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I looked at them a couple of years ago but i only found them on american websites that only delivered in america.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2