View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:43 PM

Millies banned from part of the horse yard.

Millie and sophie regularly go down the horse yard and visit the horses.th

The yard manager is frightened of dogs - which i understand because i have fears of my own - but

we have this room at the yard we call the 'tea room' = go brew uip when we feel our toes going numb from the cold - so when we go in there - we take the dogs in with us.

they dont cause trouble, are not the slightest bit aggresive (there 13 weeksw old!!! and not v.big)

anyhow - he turned round today and said - im banning sophie and millie from the tea room - i was like wtf??!!!

"im scared of dogs and id rather they wernt in here when i am" - he says - as a big rottweiler sat next to him and he didnt bad an eyelid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (nothing against rotties btw - its just that compared to millie there flipping big and id imagine youd be scared of any big dog compared toa little puppy!!!!)

anyhow i flipped because i know its personal - because he hates me and my mate (who owns soph) - hes chased me for months and he has said some things to hurt me and im totalyl sick of him

i rang the yard owner and im getting it sorted like that - im also moving yards in the summer as this is the icing on the cake for me - my dog loves being down the yard - thats why i got her - i dont lke going down there at half 6 in the morning in the dark on my own!!!!!

he also better be very careful because i know a lot of things that hes said and done that could drop him in the s**T and i will if he dares ban my puppy from the yard.

grrr im so angry
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I could understand if he really is scared of Dogs but if he had a big Rottie sitting next to him maybe it is personal unless he was to scared to ask the Rottie to leave

Hope it gets sorted soon
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 10:52 PM
its definately personal

im slightly wary of any dogs bigger than collies to be honest and i love dogs!!!!

so for someone who is terified of them - he was certainly doing well

to be honest i think its slightly put on as well because he didn hold millie a few weeks ago
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Sounds like a nice guy , NOT ! Have you spoken to the yard owner about this ? He's bullying you and shouldn't get away with it. Is the owner happy to lose paying liveries because of him ? Where does he think his wages come from ? If he gets away with this kind of behaviour , he'll just keep doing it. Are you happy at this yard apart from this IDIOT and how do the other liveries feel about him ? Maybe you should get together with the other liveries and talk about it. Maybe he's like this with other people too but nobody is willing to speak up incase he makes life even more awkward. If it was my yard I would sack him ! I worked with horses for years and I've owned a few so I know how people can be bitchy . Maybe you are not the only one who is unhappy and I would try to sort it out . If you are otherwise happy with the yard and it suits you and your horse , I would only move as a last resort if this cannot be sorted out by talking to the owner. Be Strong and Good Luck .
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 12:43 PM
well the yard owners secretrary person rang us this morning and said the dogs are more than welcome - on the lead!!! - totally fair enough and i would never let my dog off the lead round horses for everyones safety

but - this morning - i mucked out my horse - did my jobs and was going to go home (yard manager just rolled up) - and his parents said - ui haveing a brew?? i was like no because im not putting my dog in the car when she needs to have some fresh air

so they said bring her in the room and dont bother what he says - so i did

and he said @ does me being yard manager mean nothing!!!! you all just do what u want anyhow"

and stormed out!!!!

so basically his folks are on my side and thats when the yard owner rung and said that about dogs!!!

im still talking ti her about some other stuff that needs sorted - but so far millies un-banned
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Glad you got a good result!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Know how you're feeling coz I had the same thing when Cassie was a pup! The owner of the yard and girls who she was friends with were allowed to bring their dogs up and let them roam around c*apping everywhere,in the haybarn muggins here was the only one who bothered to clean it all up coz I didn't want to be stopped from taking my OWN dog up there and guess what???? One of THEIR dogs got in and killed a pet rabbit in the house next door, so all dogs were banned!! My dog was always tied up outside my own stable coz quite honestly, I didn't want her roaming and hunting with the others, I liked to know where she was at all times!! I even fell out with a very good friend who I used to ride out with every day coz it was her son's rabbit who got killed, and so I blamed her husband for getting all the dogs banned! After a few weeks, they all started to bring their dogs back, but guess what again? I wasn't allowed to, only certain people who were licking the a*se of the stableyard owner were allowed to have their dogs!!

You know what my advice would be? Move out!!!!!! He'll lose your weekly rent and find it difficult in mid-winter to replace you won't he!!! Grrrrrrr. good luck in whatever you do, but just wanted to say I've been there and it's not nice!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:03 PM
to be honest the only thing thats stopping me atm is because my horse is on box rest - and he can be walked out a few times a day (he hasnt been out for the past 5 days because the grounds so bad)

anyhow - this yard has great walking space or else i would have moved months ago

i thiknk im moving in summer anyhow - when hes back out in the field beacuse i cant take much more of him

ive been ona few yards in the ppast 2 year s and i can honestly say that this is the worst yard for bitchiness ever!!!

because of the yard manager!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:42 PM
You'll always get that with horsey people, I've been around all the local yards having had my horses over 20 years, it's part of owning a horse isn't it! You're very wise to stay put for the time being so you'll just have to grin and bear it I suppose Keep out of his way and just get on with your horse and the others who you get on with. There's always a blooming atmosphere at stable yards I wonder why it is??? Strange!!!
I hope your horse is still doing well and if it suits his current circumstances, put your tongue in your cheek if you can coz if he got really grumpy with you he could even give you notice couldn't he!!! Just not worth it. I should start looking around when you've got some time and see if you can find a nice friendly yard to move to maybe in the Spring which has plenty of big fields to turn him out to recover from his leg injury, and hopefully you'll spend many happy years there. It's not good to keep moving on, but sometimes needs must!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 01:47 PM
yeah - to be honest - theres no way hed give me notice to leave

i was threatened by somone on the yard (whos since moved off) to basically smash my face in - i hadent done anything wrong - just some lad whos face i woud dearly love to smash in(whos also moved) stirred something - i hadnt even said lol!!

anyhow - she never goa notice!!! the yard owner didt know about this and if this yard manager starts - yard owner will find out cos as far as im concerned that could have been a kid or someone who couldnt handle that sour faced.......

luckily im 18 and can handle myself with people like that!

he's started something thoug - its now personal - so hes going to get it in the neck

im starting to look for a new yard next month (college hols) - so i know of about 8 that i can go and look at - on in particular i love - i was on there with my old horse!!!

so we'll see - but im not moving off if this b***ard can gt sorted!!