Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2011, 11:19 PM

French Fancies and cookies!!

My two 9 month old pups have just learnt how to open my son's bedroom door and his girlfriend's shopping was in there. We realised we hadn't noticed them for 5 minutes or so (they are usually racing around) and to my horror they were in his room eating ....... 4 of the 6 French Fancies (cakes) + their paper wrappers and more than half of a packet of cookies!! As yet they haven't suffered any ill effect apart from chronic wind and noticeably being very hyper-active. They have drunk loads of water today and had a long walk. My slight concern is that one of them has a food allergy and only has Burns Fish and Brown Rice. How quickly will this go through them (they ate them at about 2pm) or can I expect some sort of explosion during the night? Hopefully we've got away with it!!
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Oh dear.

Not had any experience with this sort of food, Guinness is a terrible opportunistic food thief, but the worst thing he ate was a whole white loaf that other half had bought and forgotten to put away. I found the wrapper and some crumbs in his bed the next morning. Apart from him not wanting to eat for 24 hours afterwards, I didn't notice any ill effects.

Hopefully it will pass through before bedtime and you won't wake to any nasty surprises in the morning.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Panic over. No nasty surprises until I took them out for a walk. One of them has had no ill effects whatsoever, but the other one was sick and then had an upset tummy. They were also very hyper which was probably due to the sugar rush!! One pup also itching a lot - not surprising considering he has an allergy to wheat etc. My son is now forbidden to keep anything edible in his room as one of the dogs can open the door
LauraJaynee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
No one can resist a french fancy