View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
titchyboybach
New Member!
Male 

15-04-2007, 05:19 AM
the closest way of telling if it's a staff is if it licks you to death other than that there is no hard and fast rule except as said tracing the breeder?
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 11:29 AM
opps I knew the dangerous comment would raise some eyebrows. But in fairness to kye there are constantly threads 'are pit pulls dangerous' etc etc and I can see where she may have formed a misinformed / bit to quick of an opinion but I'm sure she doesn't mean it when she really thinks about it.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I really wouldn't be too worried about that comment it's easy to get a little carried away, posts can be mis-interpreted into what they don't really mean I'm sure no real harm was meant.

Kye could have been reffering to what has been stated on the DDA and the classifications as to what dogs are deemed as 'dangerous' within the act it's easy to make a mistake but definatley one you shouldn't be flogged for
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by SBTlover View Post

and can i just say i take huge offence to your comments referring TWICE to the APBT as "dangerous pittie".
I think the SBT is a lovely breed, personally I do believe in 99% of cases a dog is as good as its owner.

I meant to put the apostrophe in both of the times when I used the term 'dangerous', no I dont believe every staffy or APBT is dangerous so dont go taking offence when it wasnt intended, that isnt why I started this thread.

Any dog from any breed can be dangerous, I am not slandering an entire breed, especially one that I like myself.

I only used the term 'dangerous' as at the end of the day many people will associate the term with the situation I am trying to describe as this is the way the media has represented the situation.

Also, I cannot say the exact age of the dog or get the woman to contact the breeder as the guy who got it, her ex, is in prison and to be honest he wont have got it from a reputable breeder.

I was wondering how the police get the dogs identified as the illegal type when they take them away to be tested, I was wondering if there were any traits they show that can help them be identified.

Personally, I dont think this woman should have any dog either, since she isnt bothered with it and it is locked in the yard all the time, but I also asked because her children are not very well behaved what so ever and will tease the dog when they want and I was worried about the dog snapping, as after all we can all only take so much taunting.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks Myschievious and Nicci L, I didnt mean to offend anyone.

I really should think before I type lol...
sky_high_bluest
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by kyektulu View Post
Thanks Myschievious and Nicci L, I didnt mean to offend anyone.

I really should think before I type lol...
we ALL say things in haste from time to time lol myself inclueded!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2007, 04:23 PM
i think, think maybe the breed standard for the two breeds would suggest that a pitbull is typically much taller than a staffie, with a staffie generally standing 14-16" and the pitbull standing 18-22 inches.

I dont know much about the standard for american pitbull terriers, but from pictures ive seen they have a different facial shape.

However, Even if this dog is from pitbull lines, does not make it dangerous just because of that, so i wouldnt worry about finding out what breed of dog this is. As others have stated, dog aggression does not mean human aggression.

Owning a staffie myself, it can seem sometimes that she will 'go' for a dog without notice, so this seems normal to me. Not saying its acceptable, but dog aggression is common in staffies
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Imo it is offensive for anyone to be derogatory about an other persons dog or chosen breed.
I have never understood how people can say they love dogs and then be so dismissive about a breed just because it is not the one they keep.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2