Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2018, 07:43 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 9th June.

Good morning all. Hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle.

Have a good day, take care, keep warm and dry and above all stay save and well. God bless. M
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Morning Moyra
Sunshine has gone away...only hope it comes back later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all to follow.
Someone's nicked our sunshine to.

We are off out to High Lodge thetford forest this evening to see Jacky abbott and Paul seaton from Beautiful South perform. The tickets purchased with the gift from Mark and Lauren and Joel for our 40th wedding anniversary last year. That's all tickets (presents) purchased for us used and spent well.

griff hope Deags is still improving.
brenda hope Tyto is doing ok.
Chris I would be livid with the service you are receiving re: the recliner.
Harvey hope you are all better now and that Casey is ok to.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Good afternoon all.

Sunshine, what sunshine? It's over three weeks since we've seen more than a brief glimpse of it. Today, like the rest of the three weeks, it's overcast and the air is damp from the sea fret. It isn't cold today though so bonus!

Yep, livid isn't the word. I hear what you say Kaz - I've looked up some of the proper user reviews so I've come to the point where Gary loves the sofa apart from the faffing to get the recliners to work so he's better off faffing than have them mess about and ruin the rest of it for him. It has cost DFS the £2,000 we were planning on spending to replace our two and three seater so we do have that consolation. What a sorry state of affairs when we settle for less than the best for fear of making things worse. Today's World I suppose.

Lovely breakfast at our new weekend cafe again today. The weekend, early bird special is bacon, egg, sausage, hash brown, mushrooms, toast with coffee with free refills all for the price of £2.99 each. We can even take Rosie inside at this one
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Hello Moyra, just saw this in our local rag:-
http://www.gdestates.co.uk/more_deta...D=100245000171
3 beds ('tho one is in the attic) garage and large garden (Which Amber would love)
Checked their web site and it's on there so assume still vacant. Long way from you but thought you might like to check it out.

Lynn, yes I appear to be over whatever it was last weekend, just as well as so many things to do. Enjoy your trip to Thetford Forest music evening. Even closer to us is Euston Hall and Tom Jones is performing there in July I think 'tho we won't be going (Casey doesn't like him )

It's an outdoor event, had to smile 'cos one of the FAQ's was "What happens if it rains?" Answer was "The concert will continue even if it rains, no umbrellas allowed"

Chris - Sorry to read about your sofa problems, I look at DFS as a 'finance company' not a furniture company. The fact they are willing to hand you a grand on the spot and not want any repayment for a year or more tells me they make more money from their finance than from their sofas.
But like you say some other firm will now benefit haha.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2018, 02:07 PM
It really does sicken me Losos. We pay cash for everything and it seems we are worse off for doing so. I don't get the logic when things like paying cash for a car gets you a worse deal than getting one on finance. The World has gone totally mad. No wonder there's such a debt crisis in this wonderful country of ours
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
It really does sicken me Losos. We pay cash for everything and it seems we are worse off for doing so. I don't get the logic when things like paying cash for a car gets you a worse deal than getting one on finance. The World has gone totally mad. No wonder there's such a debt crisis in this wonderful country of ours

It took me a long time to work it out but yes you are worse off paying cash.

The logic is that the 'finance' side of a deal is more profitable than making furniture, the chair or table is just a way to get you into a long term relationship with them so that they can bombard you with sales bumph, send you e-mails, and maybe even telephone you. Once you've signed up for a 3 year deal they've 'got you'

Your name and address are worth thousands to marketing companies, and also if you ever do take out a loan the last thing they want is for you to pay it off, usually when about half way through the term you will notice a big increase in mail, e-mail, and even phone calls, all urging you to take out another loan, crazy

I suspect that if you did pay cash for the sofa then that is the reason they are not giving good after sales service 'cos they don't have all your personal details and therefore can't 'keep in touch' every minute anyone in the comapny spends on sorting your problem is a reduction in profit with no possibility of recovering that through another sale.

Yes definately DO NOT BUY from them again

The car adverts make me mad, the latest craze seems to be 'Personal Vehicle Finance' or some similar sounding name, the important bit (Which is always spoken incredibly fast and at the end of the advert) is YOU WILL NOT OWN THE CAR so that tells me if I don't own it someone else does and that someone might decide they want the car back (for whatever reason) where does that leave you
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2018, 10:04 PM
Chris, for future reference, pay part or whole on credit card...clear the credit card immediately and they will cover the entire lot of the goods if not found t for purpose.... this covers buying a car
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2018, 10:38 PM
Funnily enough, me and the other half had a sort of argument about this. He said when we get our next car, he's going for an interest free finance deal and I said "over my dead body". We had a mortgage and cars on finance for years. I've now got to the stage where everything is paid off and I really don't want any debt - for better or worse.

I just find it sad that you can't trust anything these days