View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 08:06 AM
For goodness sake haven't people got anything else to worry about?? If peeps don't like the Daily Thread then don't bloody read it!!! A lot of people clearly get much support from it - eg Griff - and that must surely make it worthwhile. I thought that the whole point was that it DID focus on aspects of Dogsey members' lives, not just their dogs. As crazy as we all are about our dogs, they are not all we are about, we all have much much more to offer.

Although I dropped out of the Daily Thread some time ago, I for one vote for its return and those who do not like it can simply ignore it ... simples!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 08:25 AM
We've had the 'Daily/Good Morning' thread for years. Don't stop posting on it. I drop out from time to time, but, like a magnet it draws me back.

It's helped many people through the trials and tribulations of life (me included) and it's also somewhere to just chatter which is also another way of helping people along.

Long may it live!!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2018, 09:12 AM
I'll fess up I'm not a fan of the daily thread and made my views known to Azz ages ago but that said I do read it but never post on it. If I didn't read it I'd feel completely isolated from the rest of you and I don't post on it because I choose not to. I think in part it's responsible for how dead Dogsey is these days as it's about the only thread most people comment on. I guess you all have your reasons for that.
I really wouldn't give his comments a second thought. He's tried following me around the forum, quoting my posts and making unrelated comments, I've asked him to stop several times but he persists. In his mind he's always right no matter what. The discussions section used to be more heated sometimes but he objects to that, so any discussion comes to a close because he won't be told that telling us to "play nice" or whatever is inappropriate. He then hijacks the thread with his own agenda. Ignore him he's a pedantic old fool with no friends and quite clearly doesn't have a clue how to make any. Just stick with what suits you and ignore his comments because trying to explain anything to him is futile.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 10:28 AM
As the section says "Off Topic" I have always thought we could talk about anything we wanted. You have all helped me when I have needed it and we all try and help each other with our support.

If someone doesn't like it then don't read or post in it.

I do post in other sections when I feel I have something to contribute.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I have spurred this off telling Moyra and griff I needed to take a break at the snide remarks being made about the daily being a gossip thread the other week and little quips about it not being entirely dog related.
No matter how many times I and others have tried to explain the daily thread is not entirely about dogs nor was ever meant to be. It is about all things we wish to chat about dog related or not share photos of our dogs also if we wish to. Goodness knows I do share photos of Dillon on the daily but I understand it is also and mainly for any subject.
The daily thread has supported many of us through issue, sadness and hard times not dog related and as mentioned before that is its main role to be a good all round supporting thread whether human upset or tragedy we need to discuss or dog related issues. We do have seperate solely dog related sections also which some choose to use and mostly those of us that have been around since the daily thread started to choose the daily thread about dog and other non dog related items.
I tried to point out politely after the gossiping comment came up about the purpose of the daily but it doesn't seem to be understood or digested or both.
Last night another quip came up about it not being solely dog related. It makes me angry that the whole thread is misunderstood even when politely pointed out it's not the main purpose of the daily thread.
I thought it best to bow out for a while to calm down over my exasperation of it all.
griff and Moyra knew as I hoped they would be around still if anybody asked where I was they could let people know I was taking some time out. No explanation would of been needed but I think as this post is out there i feel it is right I let everyone know I am the person and reason behind it.
Um, was that aimed at me? If so, I unreservedly apologise if I have ruffled your feathers. Or anyone else's for that matter.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Blody heck what happened...........I have been here since 2004 WOW and ebb and flo what the site does. Bu I now choose to only post on the daily as life took over. Nice to pop in when you can.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2