View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Poor you Vicki, you need to get this sorted, you can't carry on in so much pain. Get a taxi and get down to A&E & see what they say. Big hugs to you.xx
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2008, 09:40 AM
That all sounds soooo familiar, I had so much conflicting advice when I had ligament damage in my knee that I wanted to punch someone. Anti inflamatory suppositories I know from experience that AI can make you feel very nauseous so maybe that's why they are in suppository form, I ain't gonna ask why they wont stay in
AI take time to build up though so can take a while to take effect so to speak. I found nothing much worked while I was resting tbh, although deep heat or a hot water bottle took my mind off it for a bit, mainly I just had to grit my teeth. Mine went on for a year and although exercise made it feel worse, and would spend the rest of the day in tears, I persevered and in the end it was the fact that I had kept it moving although slowly and carefully that eventually got it back to normal.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Managed to get upstairs to the loo, but when I started coming down, it popped again. The pain is unreal. Managed to get down on my bum.......
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Prevent knee pain by keeping the muscles that support your knees strong and flexible. Start out slowly. Walk before you run - before you engage in a strenuous high impact activity such as jogging or running, try walking for a week. If walking causes knee pain, you shouldn't be running. Warm up and stretch before working out. Give your body a chance to recover from exercise. If you do high impact activities take every other day off. Avoid running up and down stairs and full squats. Doing knee exercises to strengthen and stretch the muscles that support the knee are vital for knee pain and injury prevention. Proper footwear is also important, especially if walking or running on hard surfaces. Keep your weight under control. Reducing one's weight reduces stress upon the knee.
Most knee pain is treated conservatively, but there are situations in which surgery is required. Athletes are at an elevated risk for sudden injuries that may require surgery, such as torn ligaments in the center of the knee or certain types of fractures. People with advanced knee osteoarthritis may need knee replacement surgery if they are severely limited in day-to- day activities because of their condition. This is optional surgery and is a last resort.
Most knee conditions respond to a combination of non-invasive treatments such as applying heat or cold, temporarily restraining from activities that aggravate pain, and medications that target pain and inflammation. Exercises to strengthen the muscles that support the knee help reduce stress on the knee joint and prevent re-injury.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Baz is on his way.......
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Baz is on his way.......
Great! Hope you get it sorted! {{{{HUGS}}}}
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks everyone. You're all so kind, you've made me cry again. Stop it!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Awww Vicki, hope A&E can help you, glad to hear Baz is on his way.
(((Hugs))) from Ollie and me. Pain is horrible and especially when on your own and that popping noise must of been frightening.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Oh Vicki, that sound so painfull, I agree with the others, get to A&E as soon as you can, glad Baz is on his way home, I hope you get it sorted out, and they can give you decent pain relief, (((Hugs)))
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Get yourself of to A&E pronto Misses, you don't get medals for bravery here.
You cant go on like this, they can check you over and review your painkillers which are not working for you.
Take care and (((hugs))) being sent xx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >