Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi Heather,

Gee I so know how that feels and I really do. I managed the self serve tills at Asda the other day with 4 items!! and than was huge step. I know exactly what you mean, I have gone into Tesco/asda/morrison with real positive attitude and left 10 mins later crying and shaking, with no shopping

Other people just dont get it sometimes, and I too have left it till Ben has no food its kind of like a "well I can hurt myself and go without tea, but my dog NEEDS to be fed"scenario.
It is so crazy how the mind works.

But I know how hard it is Try not to dwell on what you didnt do but look at what you did do

What an amazing achievement for you. Two shops(big stores) in 1 week. That is great. Amazing in fact

Well done

Please feel free to pm me anytime. Ihave more bad days than good but if I can help at all, even to listen, I am here, I DO know what it feels like. Take care heather and be proud of what you have done. I am proud of you, VERY.

Anyway me and Ben away to snuggle on sofa and watch tv!! With glass of wine and chocolate..
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Sounds like everyone is making progress.

Having hit the very bottom before, I never tire of seeing, or reading about, people improving from this wretched condition.

It might seem like only tiny steps are being accomplished, but they do all add up, and they all help to build the important "well if I can do that, then maybe I can do...." mentality.

Me, I'm moving house on Tuesday, and so with my OCD, I'm a little stressed at present. My brain needs to have everything tidy and organised and when it isn't, I get very agitated. We're sticking all the boxes in one room so that I don't have to look at them, but it has limited success. I just can't wait to get moved. Once we're moved in, I'll have the new house looking perfect on the same day, and I'll be able to relax again.

Still, the dog's happy as she's getting walked more so that I can relax my mind a little. Nothing as relaxing as a dog walk -- even when it's throwing down with rain!

Really glad to read about the successes. And me, Mr. Anti-Social, has actually arranged to meet another GSD dog owner today. His new dog is pretty much like mine was when I got her. He knows she's not great with other dogs, but he doesn't know how bad. I've said that we can put them both on leashes in the park and try to gradually introduce them. At least he'll then know whether she's just really vocal, a biter, or none of the above.

I remember, only too well, how hard it was to find people who didn't want to run a mile when they saw a GSD barking.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi all,

How are we all doing?

I had a really stressful day but I am still here to Post. We had a meeting at work today in the same room I had my last full blown panic attack at work.....

It was 9 of us in the 1 room (and noone thought it appropriate to open any of the blinds or any windows (Claustrophobia and stuffiness aplenty!!)) 2 of the people there were the chief executive and the assistant director

We went round the table and all had to say what we did I was petrified, just with the whole panic attack thing going on, I was sitting shaking and I sat the whole time counting in for 5 holding for 3 and out for 7. I said my piece and I even managed to contribute to the conversation that was like "open questions at the end" About an hour into it the meeting was drawing to a close but I was also starting to get lots of hot flashes and sweaty palms and feel very uneasy. But then meeting finished and we got out for fresh air.

But I DID IT

My head is still splitting as I have been awake since about 3 am stressing about panicing...

Anyway hope you guys all ok?, and I just had to share, a small step, but a HUGE accomplishment for me.

Take care
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Well done Benzmum. The main thing about it all is YOU DID IT. I havent been out this week except for dog walking. Just not my week. I have so much going on in my head at the moment. I have had good news and bad news this week. At the moment I am just getting by. But what the heck I will get a good week next week I hope. I am so pleased you have done so well.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 01:32 PM
I hope you have that good week next week Heather Benzmum I hope you keep having these better times GSDLover, I hope your move goes well You'll all be helping alot of people who have been reading and following your posts...take care everyone
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks Myschevious

Heather , sorry to hear things have been rough this week, I really hope next week is better for you. Fingers crossed.

Heres to a great weekend to everyone reading this post.

Take care

Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Well,

My pal has just called me she wants me to pick her up and go into town with her (busy town on a SATURDAY!!) I have to pickher up in 45 minutes. I feel claustrophobic at the thought. I havnt been in town since before May (except to go to work)

She wants to go to the continental market, I am not convinced

I said I didnt want to go in the shops and she said well I just need to go to Boots for a few things...I am not impressed It is SO difficult to explain how scary that thought is to someone who doesnt or hasnt suffered.

I will go and pick her up but I don't know how long if at all I will survive in the town. This is such a majorly scary thing to do...I know it sounds silly but its so scary
She is my best pal byut she just doesnt understand that it is not just all in my head. When I said the sooner I could pick her up the better as the longer I have to think about it the more worked up I will get she said "there's nothing to worry about all we are doing is going in town for a wander and to look at the shops!!!"

YEAH I KNOW this but that doesnt stop my body doing sensory overdrive sh*t

Anyway I better go and at least brush my hair and breathe deeply VERY deeply.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I know exactly how you are feeling. It is so hard for people to understand you know they are thinking for god's sake get over it. Don't we wish we could if we had a magic wand. Do go, and if you can't go in the shops then just stand outside and people watch just to take your mind of it. Best of luck and do let us know how you get on.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi Heather,

Thanks for that, that is me home and I am still alive!I made it round the town, well when I say round the town it was an outdoor continental market which was ok as outside so in my state less claustrophobic! Then had to go into Boots which is part of a shopping centre didnt like thatAT ALL so complained about the heat until my pal found what she wanted and we left.

We then went for lunch and I actually went into a really quiet olde worlde pub in a small village nearby, I only had a starter but it was ok, and NO panic!!!

We then went for a wander round the village and my pal stopped to chat to people she knew that was a bit awkward I starte dto get very mpatient and fidgety so I just said I'd leave her to catch up and I'd go for a walk along the sea (That is one thing I find really helps me - being near water - a loch, a canal, a river or the sea it seems to make me less anxious) and I'd see her at the car in 15 minutes and that is exactly what I did!!

Home and feel safe now and I also feel quite pleased that Today I managed. Waitoing on OH to get back from Football (preseason friendly I think ) and then curry and wine for tea.

Hope things ok with you, and everyone else who reads this post.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Well done Benzmum. This is for you.:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 Sounds like you did really well today.
Page 10 of 16 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »