View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Sorry for the too late reply, hope you got on okay.

But yes, Direct Line will cover you for emergency, unexpected vet treatment. I had to call the emergency vet twice out-of-hours with Benson's spinal problems, I was covered both times.

The only down side was that I had to wait three months for my cheque.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Hope you got on ok last night.
Our insurance company covered us when Bruce was Out of hours, as someone said only downside is the wait for the cheque, but they did cover it.

Hope all went well
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Any news? xxx
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi Magic, hope your boy is a bit better today, we were with Halifax Insurance and had to take our boy to emergency out of hours vet in the middle of the night and they paid up no problems.
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks everyone!

I called the vet in the night, but they were too busy with operations! Tried a couple of others but they were all closed after hours - it was a really horrible night!

After a thorough consultation with the vet first thing.... suspected spinal damage and hind cruciate ligament damage

We have some rimadyl to be going on with until his operation and further tests on Thursday morning. As for the insurance company.... I'll just worry about that later, first things first.

He's actually lying down at the moment, the first I have seen him do since yesterday pre teatime - he's absolutely exhausted.

Thanks for the support and replies and I'll keep you updated.
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Just a quick update as promised....

Well it seems my boy has Invertebral Disc Disease as well as a spondylosis further down in the sacrum bit of a blow really, he's a very fit, lean and agile not quite three year old

With a bit of luck he'll hopefully improve with conservative management/pain relief.... I'm obviously just hoping for the best as it's early days. Dogs do wear you out sometimes, don't they?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2