View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:54 PM

Barney is home (toxic build-up of Lanoxin)

We were able to pick Barney up from the vets this afternoon. Hes looking and feeling so much better. His bloods from this morning showed that his lanoxin was very toxic in his system, it should be a reading of no more than 1.0 Barney was 2.6 his Uria??? was reading at 20. somthing which is more than double what it should be. There were some other blood reading that were very high, it shows probs with his kidneys but the vets dont think its his kidneys as this is all usual symptoms of the Lanoxin when its built up in the system. Barney has to go back next wed for another blood test to make sure hes ok. They have stopped one of the water tabs we just have to keep an eye on his breathing and if he coughs which hes not doing so far, with his Lanoxin his dose has been halfed.

Barney was brought out to me while I waited to see the vet, he was so excited barking and going nuts to see me, hes never gets so excited when at the vets when ever hes been kept in. I think it was his way of telling me hes better now. All the vets loved him so im told, they kept going in to see him as he was "a true gentelman" in the vets words.

I know he was only in for 48hours but im so happy with how much better he is. He just doesnt want to stay in the kitchen and go to bed now, he wants hugs all the time which i cant balme him.

Sarah & Barneby Bear
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Brilliant news Sarah, glad he's perking up xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Glad to hear Barney is home sarah I guess the vet wants you to watch for a cough to make sure there is no build up of fluid on the lungs , being up and around is good for Barney and will help to keep his chest clear
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

17-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Thats great news
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2005, 08:01 AM
bless him he wants to make up for lost time.
its good to know hes home and getting better.
give him a hug from me
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-11-2005, 09:36 AM
that is great news that Barney is home
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Great news Sarah - what better Christmas present could you possible have eh?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Great news,glad he is feeling better.
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Barney had a good nights sleep I only went to him at 10.15am as I didnt want to wake him up, he looked so sleepy when I put him to bed. Hes been for his wees and gone back to sleep for another hour then he will be ready for his cuddles everyone has sent him.

I must admit he stinks, i think its from when they have cleaned out his little kennel and the run from the vets so if hes upto it later hes going for a bath, I will take some pics of him when hes nice and clean and stink free.

Barney sends sneezes (doesnt kiss) to everyone.