Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2014, 06:16 AM

Morning dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone on this dull and wet day here. a smilie too for you all, in the hopes the sun shows later.
We are popping out later for chicken wire when Gorden has measured if if course it stops raining. Gorden is going to re-enforce the fence against Dillon. Hopefully.
My makeshift job seems to of done the job so far.

Helena hope the hand is getting less painful.
Bev have a lovely day with Charly and Ash.
Pat hope Alfie is brighter today.
Sally I hope Grandsproglet slept well and you did too and that your day in't too exerting.
Gordon if you pop in for a browse enjoy the summer and do not work too hard.
Harvey good luck with the packing.
I hope everyone who has aches and pains they ease soon and all poorly doglets recover soon. And cats.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 06:30 AM
happy morning, lynn and all..

you need to weigh the wire down at the base with rocks etc; wee scoundrel will dig..ours did!
very cold and drab here; chilling wind.

all that is set for today is my landlords oldests first communion. 6 pm at vigil mass down at our lady of the valley in the black valley.

will be working against my body clock so a very resting day and please God strong sweet coffee and my old friend Will Power will avail.

all i have to do is print the card and gather small gifts for the other little celebrants. she will already have had our gift. will take crocheted angels and wooden finger rosaries.

there is an evening social gathering after; blessedly low key compared to some of what goes on here on these occasions.

stretch limos, bouncy castles...
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 06:31 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I have got up for the second morning running with bad back ache across the middle of my upper back, so I must be laying funny in my sleep. It wore off once i got working yesterday so hopefully it will do the same today.

I am really excited now about Charly, Ash and Harley arriving today. It will probably be later today as Ash didn't get home till late last night after a week sleeping rough in a field with his recruits, so he will have been very tired. I expect he will be having a long lay in this morning.

Raining a bit here, but at least I won't have to water the garden today. Looks like it is trying to brighten up out the back over the fields though.

Lynn I hope it stops for you so Gordon can get the wire and Dillon proof the garden.

Pat I hope little Alfi is feeling brighter this morning and you managed to get some sleep.

Have a good Saturday everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Morning Rose are you off to the communion ? Enjoy if you are. Dillon doesn't dig the wire he just barges through it was old and had some gaps being roughly 10 stone possibly a bit more he doesn't have to worry about digging anything to get through it.
Morning Bev I hope the rain stays away and that Charly and Ash have a safe journey. Its chucking it down here now and its the Outwell festival today too. The next village and they have their raft race today.
I hope the back eases soon. Enjoy the weekend as if I have to say that.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Morning Lynn and all

No internet yesterday, but it was on and off and didn't want to type loads only to lose it. even sainsburys had a problem with their scanners for int shopping which resulted in all my chilled food missing at 10 am finally got it at 7.30pm had an argument with him about the cornettos which were the wrong ones - told him if I had a choice on t'internet, then the shopper should have picked up the right ones, not the ones of her choice lol. he eventually decided he would return the 2 boxes, wrote on the paperwork, made me sign it, then cos he was sooo stressed with half my order missing, I told him it doesn't matter I will keep them, but he said he couldn't do that now cos of what he'd written and I would get my refund and he went on his merry way..........and then I put them in my freezer His day didn't end too good at ours either, cos when he arrived again last night he made the mistake of opening that big iron gate onto the terrace to the front door which is only 3 yards away., and although dave raced to open the door before zena spotted him, she slipped past him and scared the living daylights out of him I couldn't grab her cos of my hand and dave said it was a good job he stood stock still cos he said she almost bit him The bell is on the other side of that gate, there are no less than three signs warning him about a loose gsd and yet he chooses to slide a big bolt across a double 10ft high metal gate nobody has ever done that before we've opened the front door and told them it's safe or seen scarey zena full height up against it. hey ho, she didn't bite him cos I told her to get back in but she must have caused him to have a change of underwear on his return to the depot

Dave doing that bamboo screening uo at the van today, girls are cleaning it, and I'm gonna attempt to cook a roast checken once dave has prepped it all for me.

Finger bit swollen overnight but going down now it's being held up. maybe a fly landed on it overnight and infected it so will be cotton budding with salt water soon to stem off infection.

have a lovely day all and Sally, you will enjoy having g/sprog today cos at least he won't want a cuppa
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 06:47 AM
I hope it brightens up for the festival Lynn its awful when rain spoils everything. We have a big fun day here on 14th of June at Furze hills, 2 mins walk from mine. There is loads going on for kids and adults during the afternoon followed by live bands all evening and then a big firework display, but if it rains it will ruin the whole thing. The council pays for it all for us and its free for us to go.

I have just seen a big show in Devon has been cancelled because all the rain has turned it into a quagmire and made it dangerous for people. Such a shame as so much goes into organising these things.

Have to say our council is pretty good here. Apart from the big fun day they send us residents in their area, a yearly parking permit so we can use any carpark in the councils area for free.

Lynn I should imagine Dillon is like a bulldozer and thinks he can just walk or push through anything
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Rose are you off to the communion ? Enjoy if you are. Dillon doesn't dig the wire he just barges through it was old and had some gaps being roughly 10 stone possibly a bit more he doesn't have to worry about digging anything to get through it.
Morning Bev I hope the rain stays away and that Charly and Ash have a safe journey. Its chucking it down here now and its the Outwell festival today too. The next village and they have their raft race today.
I hope the back eases soon. Enjoy the weekend as if I have to say that.
yes, i was invited which is a great honour really.

gee; did not realise how big dillon is! weighs more than i do! lol..

when i had family here some years back we had wee dog and fostered two jrt puppies...this was my first real contact with dogs! three of them!

i spent three hours early one morning patching up the fence to stop them getting out in the sheep field that was around that cottage.

next thing we knew the little rascals were rounding up the sheep way down to the road.

thankfully no one around...wee houdinis..
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Morning Helena I expect you and Dave needed to change underwear too. Silly man ignoring the signs he may stop to read signs in future.
The hand may of swollen a bit because the fluid is draining down. Mine use to do that I never slept properly always aware of their words keep the hand up at all times to stop that.
Good luck with that chicken do take care.
Rose at those rascals. Dillon is a very big boy.
Your council sounds like it appreciates its residents Bev makes a nice change.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Hello all.
A grey and miserable day with rain forecast and we are going to our Nephews 40th birthday bbq
Hubby's gout has returned he is in agony.
Oh woe is me
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2014, 07:01 AM
H, Sounds like a big adrenalin rush all round at yours yesterday . Bet that delivery man will think twice before walking through bolted gates in future.

I have quite a few 13' rolls of that bamboo screening here. I bought it new to put up here when I moved here to make the fencing higher with Lily, I only had it up a couple of months and took it down as it was spoiling my views over the fields when I sat in the garden. You could have had that. as there is nothing wrong with it and its only a few months old. Some is 4' high and some is 6' high. Cost a fortune for it all but I have no use for it now.
If anyone wants it just say. as its all rolled up behind my shed.

RB enjoy communion its so nice you were invited.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »