View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2012, 06:49 AM

Good morning all. Daily Dogsey Thread (Saturday).

Well good morning all anyone with a fuzzy head this morning ?
Sounded like quite a party last night. Thank you DD for tidying up.

Up early this morning Dillon needed to go out at around 1/4 to 6 went back to bed for a while but couldn't settle so here I am ready to start the day.
We are taking the three Grandchildren to Chelmsford today giving them a fiver each and they have the challenge of buying something for Mark and Tracey for Christmas. I think they might need another pound or two to help them out.
Then we will have some lunch out.

I may need a swig from the magic bottle tonight.

Lorraine wishing you a very happy birthday.

(((Hugs))) for Kazz and Sal and anyone else poorly or with a poorly four legged or two legged friend.

I will catch up with you all later.
Have a good day all.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Up early this morning Dillon needed to go out at around 1/4 to 6 went back to bed for a while but couldn't settle so here I am ready to start the day.
We are taking the three Grandchildren to Chelmsford today giving them a fiver each and they have the challenge of buying something for Mark and Tracey for Christmas. I think they might need another pound or two to help them out.

(((Hugs))) for Kazz and Sal and anyone else poorly or with a poorly four legged or two legged friend.

Have a good day all.
Good morning and have a lovely day out. I love it when kids come to the stall clutching an E5! Or counting out cents and of course if they are a little short that is fine.

Busy early hours here....Catching up with family overseas across time xones ( God bless blueface for dirt cheap calls). taking the dogs out along the lane in moonlight and torchlight, leaving porridge cooking in the microwave..

Fed dogs and cats etc etc etc

yesterday I made scones in the range; just a very few to be fresh each time. It gets to 350 no problem so guess where I shall be cooking my Christmas dinner. And a large pan of stew atop..and great pans of boiling water for washing up etc

A "small" mystery' two large fresh cow droppings at the top end of the lane. At least they look like cow! No cattle should have been along there - period. I keep an eye as there is one of Ireland's million land disputes going on up here and the nasty man keeps letting my landlord's cattle out and a few Sundays ago when I was out, he broke a gate down and drove the cows the mile to the road. So I shall watch the situation here closely now.

Laxy day today to save energy for the fair tomorrow. Still coughing etc but it will pass. Always does.

So onwards; mohair berets to sew up etc and route planned, Will drive along the coast on the way there; starts at midday Waterville, and beyond. Glenbeigh then, and the way back in the dark via Killarney and a pause at tesco so I will not need to go out again this week.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post

Have a good day all.
Good morning and have a lovely day out. I love it when kids come to the stall clutching an E5! Or counting out cents and of course if they are a little short that is fine.

Busy early hours here....Catching up with family overseas across time xones ( God bless blueface for dirt cheap calls). taking the dogs out along the lane in moonlight and torchlight, leaving porridge cooking in the microwave..

Fed dogs and cats etc etc etc

yesterday I made scones in the range; just a very few to be fresh each time. It gets to 350 no problem so guess where I shall be cooking my Christmas dinner. And a large pan of stew atop..and great pans of boiling water for washing up etc

A "small" mystery' two large fresh cow droppings at the top end of the lane. At least they look like cow! No cattle should have been along there - period. I keep an eye as there is one of Ireland's million land disputes going on up here and the nasty man keeps letting my landlord's cattle out and a few Sundays ago when I was out, he broke a gate down and drove the cows the mile to the road. So I shall watch the situation here closely now.

Laxy day today to save energy for the fair tomorrow. Still coughing etc but it will pass. Always does.

So onwards; mohair berets to sew up etc and route planned, Will drive along the coast on the way there; starts at midday Waterville, and beyond. Glenbeigh then, and the way back in the dark via Killarney and a pause at tesco so I will not need to go out again this week.

Be safe and happy this day.. blessings and peace from the irish mountains
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 07:38 AM
Good morning all.

Well, the housework all got done yesterday, but I didn't get round to getting the tree down from the loft so that's one of today's jobs.

There's a Victorian Christmas market in town today and tomorrow so we are going for a mosey round this morning. It will probably be the same 6 stalls that came last year, but, hey, it's a quest .

Breakfast in town, a bit of shopping, call at Gary's to make sure he's still OK then trim the tree. All go, ain't it?

Bit of a disappointment yesterday when my son told me that he can't bring the kids over on Boxing Day. They are getting older now and all their presents are based around the little box thingy under the telly so I can see why they've asked if they can stay at his house this year. I see them quite a bit over the summer and, of course, that's the best time for them to come here as we can really go to town on spoiling 'em rotten when everything is open.

Mind you, it will be nice to have Boxing Day to ourselves for a change. Long walk (weather permitting) and just chill to let the over-stuffing of the day before settle down a bit. What we want to watch on telly, read when we like - mmmm, yes! Maybe not as big a disappointment as first thought

Hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend xx
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 07:49 AM
Good Morning to you all - well its good night actually as I am just off to bed...

Hope that you all have a great day, and please TRY to keep this place tidy at least until I get up in about 8 hours time!! took me ages to clean up earlier!!

Kazz, hugs to you and Sal, and to everyone else with poorly peeps and doglets <<hugs>>

Ohhhhhh and today we got our 2013 calendar from Super Fun Happy Dog, that is where the girls go to daycare when we go skiing or out for the day, or if they board... ANYWAY blah blah blah.... every year they give a calendar with a acollage of photos taken of the doglets throughout the year.. a few of the girls in there, but this one made December 2013.. love it!!!

Happy Saturday everyone
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 08:18 AM
Morning Lynn, Morning All

Love the photo DD

We are just making our plans for the day, we want to get tree up today. Must get on and get my cards done, I am usually organised with presents but cards not so much so, particularly with those that are going outside the UK I need to get cracking :blush

Have a good day all
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Morning Lynn, Rosebud, Chris, Debbie, Jane and everyone

Sounds like you're going to have a lovely day today Lynn with the grandchildren shopping for their parents, and I hope they have been given a bit of money to buy your present too, and enjoy that lunch out when they've finished, but that could end up being dinner!

Rosebud, that does sound a bit odd seeing that cowpat where you did, so I hope they haven't been let out like that, but I'm sure you'll be on top of it, and good luck with those mohair berets for tomorrow, I bet those needles have been going like the clappers to get them all done.

Chris, it sounds like you are beginning to settle down a bit now and slowly getting back to normal, I really hope it can stay this way now and that Gary will be doing fine now that he's back home. Sorry to hear about the Boxing Day arrangements, but as you say, there will be other times to enjoy the grandchildren, and when they start growing up, it's normal for them to want to start doing different things at Christmas, I know that from my nephews and nieces with Dave's parents. I blame that box under the tree though!

Debbie what a great photo of your two there, and how lovely that they should do that for you, so thoughtful, not to mention how thoughtful it was of you to stay behind last night and hoover around me and Bitkin I hope you propped us back up!

Lovely lie in here, even Dave went back to sleep at 5.30, he's learning. Neither of us have much to do today, so it'll be a long, leisurely walk with Zena, and then just take it how it comes. Cold turkey for lunch so I'm making bubble and squeak (love it!) and today, I really have to get up to that van and check that fire out I left on 3 days ago I'm sure I would have heard something if my van has burned to the ground.

I've got backache this morning, must have done something stoopid yesterday, but I'm sure my long, uphill walk will sort that out for me.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

It feels positively balmy here today - no frost
Lynn have a nice day in Chelmsford.
If you drop in Kazz, we are all thinking of you and dear Sal ((hugs)).

I'm hoping to start my Christmas shopping today and buy and write some cards ..... about time

I hope you all have a pleasant day and those of you who are poorly keep warm and get well.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Morning all

That's a nice idea Lynn - enjoy your day. We will no doubt be Christmas shopping too. Again!

Very late up this morning and Loki is howling away. There's no frost or anything so it could be a mucky walk.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today.
xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2012, 08:56 AM
'morning Lynn and everybody

Well we have sun today yaay still have the snow and it was minus 12 C last night which is cold for this time of year (Feb. it cango to minus 20C of course)

Have a good day all

Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Good Morning to you all - well its good night actually as I am just off to bed...
Great photo don't forget to switch of your light (That's the little green one top left )

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
We are just making our plans for the day, we want to get tree up today.
I'll be searching the store room for our tree today 'tho I suspect it won't go up 'till tomorrow.

Did you get the first container load of snow yet I had a message that the driver translated the town as Rgbiov, put that in his sat nav, and it ended up in Russia, I am investigating
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »