Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 12:23 PM

Classic example

Had a lovely walk with Tyler and hubby,round the lake,met two offlead dogs,behaviour was excellent.Let Tyler off to have a saunter he doesn't run just plods Put him back on as we spotted a man fishing and a family feeding the ducks

Carried on our walk and met a couple who stopped us to chat and fuss Tyler As we were talking a couple of idiots walk past with staffords,typical looking yobs,dogs straining and lunging on leads, barking,owners doing nothing apart from looking quite pleased with themselves.
Hubby made a comment there is the difference and that is a classic example of why this breed has such a poor reputation.The couple both agreed and said look how your dog walks compared to those,such a shame they bring a lovely breed down.
Tyler was taking plenty of no notice of these dogs and enjoying all the fuss
It was so nice to get a compliment on how well behaved he was (always is) and show our breed for what it really is
It doesn't happen very often
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Nowt wrong with Staffords. It's the prats at the end of the lead like you say.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Almost every stafford I have met with the exception of one (but he was owned by an idiot) has been both lovely with people and other dogs.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Almost every stafford I have met with the exception of one (but he was owned by an idiot) has been both lovely with people and other dogs.
Seconded
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 10:02 AM
I think more people should meet Diesel and Tyson, two gorgeous, over friendly big male Staffies in rescue, Diesel I've loved for a while, he loves everyone and everything, and would play fetch all day, Tyson I fell in love with recently, I walked past and he caught my eye, he was doing a lost puppy look, but as soon as I looked and smiled he turned into a explosion of licks and tail wags, and as I couldn't fit my hands through the bars properly decided just licking them was enough, unfornatly though I've not got to walk them yet, as the days I go they get walked by patients of the local mental health hospital the guy in charge says, them and your boy to me is a Staffy, they love and crave human attention, and are so loving and friendly, then you get idiots who own them, and the idiots make me angry, as they are turning a loving charming breed into something else, and they don't care what their doing to the dogs, infact they love it.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 10:10 AM
At least the ones you met where on the lead. The idiots round here never have them straining on a lead to get your dogs as they don't bother with a lead in the first place. They just let their dogs run up and attack yours and their response is you have to let dogs be dogs or they can't stop laughing
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Or Madmare in the case where Diesel had a Staff round his throat its a case of 'why do dogs always fight?' and 'you wont get him off coz he has a lock jaw' , can you tell I still hold anger bout that? Am so thankful D got off lucky there, think the vet was surprised aswell.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
we have a lot of staffies come stay at the kennels mainly well behaved. but there is one who is just awfull and i wasnt inn when he was dropped of so hadnt seen the owner, but soon as he pulled in the carpark and knew which dog hed come to collect. Some people are muppets
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Parker doesn't like Staffies cos he was attacked by one and they are usually owned by muppets round here who won't leash them and they charge at him from the other side of the park/heath/wood. I am very nervous of the breed now because of all the bad encounters we've had over the years.

On the woods today and there was a couple off-lead ones and I asked the people walking them to keep them away as he didn't like Staffies and they couldn't be bothered so it ended up I had to pick him up-not ideal as he's 16kg and I have a neck injury but I didn't know these dogs and didn't want another bad situation.

I have had to change my morning walk because the field I walk them in the mornings (a stone's throw away) someone and their dog got attacked by a Staffie last week and the owner just walked away and the police said "we don't know what we can do" !

I think it must be a particular problem in Norwich as one area there has been so many Staffie attacks on people and animals that the people who live there are trying to get a dog control order bought in.

I do feel sorry for any people walking well-behaved, sociable Staffies though as people are wary of them round here.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Kerry its not just a Norwich problem, I found a few dogs round here after Diesel got attacked (although they got attacked first) it was so many that there was a notice in the herald about it, and the town clerk was going for the owners blood, and its a shame coz it does put people on edge with their dogs, infact now I don't think there are any staffs that mine can interact with where I live, the liver one hates Greyhounds or Lurchers, and the tri-colour and Honey have a healthy dislike for each other now , the others are owned by idiots, but I like the two I know, they don't like my dogs, and even though the tri and Honey had a scrap she's a lovely dog, but its hard to like dogs that the owners like intemidate people or dogs, mind you there is a cute Beagle cross Staff who loves mine! And he is lush, I just wish their was more nice ones around, luckily I get m fix at the sanctuary.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >