View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks Sutty, hopefully she will meet your pup soon.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Excellent critique Dawn, you must be thrilled.

The others are brilliant critiques too - looking forward to the day I can post one for Lola!! (must do better than only getting to one champ show like this year!! )

Well done all - all your hard work paid off
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Lovely crtiques for you all.

My last critique was not very nice it was for for my veteran. We had arrived at the show just in time to go into the ring having been held up by fog on the way. It was poring down and Owen hates getting wet. He tucked himself up on the table and the judges critique said although he looked a nice dog from a distance on closer inspection he was under weight and his movement was all over the place.

How can a dog be underweight when you can't even see its ribs. 2 weeks later he went to another champ show and came 5th in a big veteran class. I was told by a friend to ignore it as that particular judge alwasy has very fat dogs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Lovely crtiques for you all.

My last critique was not very nice it was for for my veteran. We had arrived at the show just in time to go into the ring having been held up by fog on the way. It was poring down and Owen hates getting wet. He tucked himself up on the table and the judges critique said although he looked a nice dog from a distance on closer inspection he was under weight and his movement was all over the place.

How can a dog be underweight when you can't even see its ribs. 2 weeks later he went to another champ show and came 5th in a big veteran class. I was told by a friend to ignore it as that particular judge alwasy has very fat dogs.
Thats awful. He should have taken into consideration the fact you had just got there. Well done on the 5th though, hope he saw it!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
Excellent critique Dawn, you must be thrilled.

The others are brilliant critiques too - looking forward to the day I can post one for Lola!! (must do better than only getting to one champ show like this year!! )

Well done all - all your hard work paid off
Yes, so do I!!!
Laura-Anne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2010, 08:14 PM
What a fab critique!

Only hope I can do so well when I get involved in it all with future RBT. Thats if I ever find a breeder in the UK I like

x
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 02:29 AM
Totally forgot about this, sorry!

Here are the two promised critiques....

This was Isla's very last show before she was spayed, she gained 1st in Post Grad at Nidderdale Agricultural Show 2009. The judge was Teresa Dunsdon (Seasrping)..........

Heslop's Canouan Out Of The Blue At Bonisla
3 years b/w bitch, good size, compact and balanced outline, pleasing head shape in profile although would prefer just a little more depth of muzzle. Eye colour ok but could be a shade darker to compliment her smart black jacket. Liked her depth and length of body, well boned and muscled throughout, moved with power and drive.

This was one of Rossi's few critiques as he's rarely been shown. He gained 1st in Puppy Dog at SKC Champ Show in May 2010.......

Eastriding Replay (MR K HESLOP)
Two very different pups. Had a darker eye and better shoulder than 2, good neck, very good body, fair rear. Needs to come together up and back.

If anyone can give me a clue as to what "needs to come together up and back" means, I'd be greatful.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Totally forgot about this, sorry!

Here are the two promised critiques....

This was Isla's very last show before she was spayed, she gained 1st in Post Grad at Nidderdale Agricultural Show 2009. The judge was Teresa Dunsdon (Seasrping)..........

Heslop's Canouan Out Of The Blue At Bonisla
3 years b/w bitch, good size, compact and balanced outline, pleasing head shape in profile although would prefer just a little more depth of muzzle. Eye colour ok but could be a shade darker to compliment her smart black jacket. Liked her depth and length of body, well boned and muscled throughout, moved with power and drive.

This was one of Rossi's few critiques as he's rarely been shown. He gained 1st in Puppy Dog at SKC Champ Show in May 2010.......

Eastriding Replay (MR K HESLOP)
Two very different pups. Had a darker eye and better shoulder than 2, good neck, very good body, fair rear. Needs to come together up and back.

If anyone can give me a clue as to what "needs to come together up and back" means, I'd be greatful.
I would think it meant he was "bum high" so his front and rear needed to to develop making the dog look more balanced. Normal for big breed pups, nowt to worry about.

Nice crit for Isla, I personally dont think her eyes are too light.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Laura-Anne View Post
What a fab critique!

Only hope I can do so well when I get involved in it all with future RBT. Thats if I ever find a breeder in the UK I like

x
There are a couple decent breeders, Id be hesitant though, not an easy breed at all. Thanks for your comments.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Nice write ups Rips, thanks for sharing.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >