Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colonel & Karen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Great Day Out With Colonel (Great Dane)

We were at an Open Show today and Colonel done really well, he was entered in AV Junior D/B and Working/Pastoral D/B, There were probally around 16 entries in Junior and Colonel was placed 1st the Judge seemed to really like him!! In Working/Pastrol there were over 20 entries and we got 4th place so all round it was a great Day. For winning Junior we got a nice bottle of Champagne with a Big bag of food for Colonel which the other dogs will enjoy, and seeming that Colonel does not drink looks like we'll be drinking the Champagne tonight!!
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Congratulations, well done you. There's nothing like that winning feeling.

Dawn R.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Well done Colonel and enjoy your champers Karen
Colonel & Karen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2007, 06:28 PM

Forgot to say we met Deccy at the show today and got some great pic's have to get new batteries for my camera and i will post them later!!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh, well done! good for you both. Enjoy your bottle.
Colonel & Karen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
Congratulations, well done you. There's nothing like that winning feeling.

Dawn R.
You just can't beat The Winning Feeling it's Great, i am sooooooo Proud of him
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Well done Karen (hic!) and well done Colonel - that's what you deservedly get for being so gorgeous.......
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Nice one ... congrats to ya both
Colonel & Karen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Well done Karen (hic!) and well done Colonel - that's what you deservedly get for being so gorgeous.......
Thanks Vicki, Just ready to sit down now and open the Bottle!!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Karen - a minor point - it wasn't an Open show!!!!!
It was a Limited show - and boy, were the classes big compared to the Opens! There was only AV each Group so the same as being in the Group really, so well done to Colonel for effectively winning what would be the group at an Open! AND AV Junior!
We had a bad day, I left my show jacket at home that'll teach me to iron it, Deccy was DYING to empty himself but didn't let me know until we were in the ring for AV Utility, he crossed his legs and managed 4th out of 8, we then dashed outside where it had started to rain and was freezing, he then took a full five minutes to decide precisely where to empty himself, we then dashed back in for AV handled by a lady (yes they let me in too! ) 14 in that, managed 3rd. Really good prizes for everyone placed, I got a set of hairbrushes & mirror for the 3rd and a set of 4 scented candles for the 4th, both very acceptable. We stayed on for AV not bred by exhibitor, got chucked out, ditto AV Open but he went well. His highlight was trying to play with Colonel who was towering above him and batting his head with a huge paw! I asked Colonel for a kiss, got a very restrained one, then he jumped up and he is BIG let's just say I got more of a close up of his crown jewels than is usual in polite company!
Didn't get back until gone 8pm, lots to do before I go to bed so better get on with it .......
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >