View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Couldn't possibly watch the video. I just despair that there are still a small minority of idiots that believe in using the evil e collar probably for a quick result They are total and absolute idiots and do not have the welfare of the dog in mind. You have a dog, either puppy or rescue, then you should expect to put in the time to train in a loving and rewarding way.

E collars inflict pain and the sooner these devices are totally banned the better.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Sorry Azz Cannot watch video but can use my past experience to know what happens. I worked in a psychiatric hospital 26years ago. They "treated" humans to ECT treatment and OMG it was horrendous watching it and holding patient down. Did it help Mmmm Did it hell, turned them into zombies imo
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Sorry Azz Cannot watch video but can use my past experience to know what happens. I worked in a psychiatric hospital 26years ago. They "treated" humans to ECT treatment and OMG it was horrendous watching it and holding patient down. Did it help Mmmm Did it hell, turned them into zombies imo
I feel for you - it was bad enough watching that vid, don't think I could cope having to work in it.

They also covered the famous experiment where people are asked to give electric shocks to other people when they get a question wrong (the people receiving the shocks are actors) - they found most people complied - even when asked to give a 'fatal' shock - and it demonstrated that many give up their morals when asked to by figures in authority.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Interesting. Easy to get drawn into an argument isnt it. You have to admire Adams will power.
I actually find it very worrying - that despite having demonstrated that electric shock collars rely on pain, and that pain is cruel he still hasn't denounced them.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I actually find it very worrying - that despite having demonstrated that electric shock collars rely on pain, and that pain is cruel he still hasn't denounced them.
And you still allow him the freedom and publicity to sell his wares on Dogsey? Dogsey is all about promoting positive reinforcement.....right? It's like a butcher joining a vegan forum and claiming his right to free speech.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 09:22 PM
I have some very early forms/devices of electric stimulation devices here with me now, antiques? But they were of not much more than an early'tens machine', so far as know, wind up early devices, but think of relevance all the same. New and very much misunderstood at the time but have helped science n medicine as many experience now(sorry was going to keep 'me trap shut', but from medical/ethical, whatever point of view, history n development, reason)
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I doubt Crysania is a dog. Therefore this is nonsense.
So aversives are bad for dogs and avoidance learning is a bad thing then?

Adam
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
So aversives are bad for dogs and avoidance learning is a bad thing then?

Adam
Do you think it is an enjoyable way to learn?
(ETA - the things you have listed previously)
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
You don't know that. Maybe I am! Maybe I figured out how to type with my paws! Maybe...

Ok...you're right. It's utter nonsense.

I cannot understand how Adam thinks shocks do not equal pain. We have ALL dealt with static electricity and it is painful!
At a high level, many times you will have dealt with static at a low level and not noticed it or have experienced such a mild sensation you didn't recognise it as a shock.

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

10-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Not to mention that's the perfect thing. Of course "she" spells better than him. He either made darn sure that he looked over the responses or had someone else write them so that they didn't look like they came from him. Way too obvious.
Lol, I glanced through it and the diff is obviouse.
Btw why would I bother getting someone to write something for me/join dogsey.
No offence but I wouldn't want to subject clients/friends to you guys.
Adam
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 206 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 61 111 > Last »