Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2010, 09:35 PM

Virtual Show Guidelines and FAQ

here are some tips, rules, and general info.

How can we have an on-line Companion Show ?!

Classes will be announced as `open for entry` in the main Dog chat section to invite all members to enter the Show.

Classes will be based on real Companion Show classes where possible [ as its a competition by photo entry ], and some additional classes specifically suited to photo format.

Who can enter ?

Novelty classes open to all Dogsey members.

Pedigree classes are open to all Dogsey members with a pedigree / purebred dog of recognised breed.
KC registration is not necessary

Same limitations in Pedigree classes as a real companion show in terms of no entry to dogs which have been placed CC, RCC or Junior Warrant in the actual Breed Show world.
There will however be class/es especially for those dogs in the Pedigree category

Longcoated and white Alsatians are eligible in Pedigree/purebred classes in the Dogsey Virtual Companion Show as are dogs of `colour fault` /coat length `fault` in other breeds.
Why ?
Cos this is a fun show and as the one making up the rules I say they can enter applicable classes

But what about unrecognised breeds ?

There will be classes for purebreds of currently unrecognised but established breeds ie NIs. Lurchers, being recognised as a Type for several hundred years will also have a Class. Lurchers qualify to enter if a dog is a cross of any sighthound with any other breed. Longdogs will be eligible to enter under the Lurcher class.

How do we enter ?

A volunteer will be named and all entries must be sent via pm to that person. The entries will then be posted by that volunteer [ do not post your own entries ], so that owners are not known for the dogs entered. This keeps it anonymous and is fairer that way.

Who will Judge the classes ?

Dogsey members will be invited to Judge the classes. Selection of judge will be random so some will happen to have breed knowledge [ Pedigree classes ], some will not [ they`ll use best judgement based on the overall dog, not Crufts level scrutiny of conformation / coat etc ].
Anyone may be invited to judge any class and please remember this is purely for fun

Judges are not to be approached about their choices and no hints of who owns which dog may be posted on any class threads and no discussions on the Class threads until a class has concluded and winners have been announced.

Virtual attempts to bribe judges will be confiscated and snaffled by me :smt005

How often will the classes occur?

Hopefully weekly or bi-weekly. Entries can be submitted to the named volunteer at any time until the deadline which will be given as soon as the class opens.
Classes will vary between Pedigree and Novelty as much as possible from week to week so that no one is waiting toooo ong for a class they fancy or are eligible for.

Placings

The judge will announce the placings, up to six places depending on class size. The judge is also entitled to give 'specials' at their discertion.

Once the winners are announced, Virtual Rosettes [ individually named ] will be posted for the winners to `keep`

Can I enter more than one dog in the same class ?

There is no limit on the number of dogs you can enter in a class.

Qualifying photos

Pictures must have been taken by or specifically on behalf of the owner/handler and copyright must be with the dogs owner. This flexibility is to enable people to have a friend or relative take a photo for any classes where a `proper show pose` may be a requirement and the handler needs to...handle the dog, funnily enough

I found a better photo than the one I entered, can I change it ?

Yes, photos can be changed at any time until notification of `No More Entries` is posted on the thread by myself. This gives the Judge notice that there will be no further changes after that time.
PM the new photo to the class`s Collator and only type in the message `Please change my photo in post number ... to this one`, and supply the required details for the new photo.
The Collator will then edit the relevant post to remove the old picture and replace it with the new one so the post number will remain the same.

Professionally commissioned photos are not admissible.

Poor sportsmanship will lead to disqualification

All classes will be posted in the Companion Show`ers Member Group section, not the main forum threads so that there is no confusion between this Show and any other photo competitions.

How Many Photos in each class?
Previously the rules have been one photo per dog per class, but we may well extend this to two per dog per class - so look carefully at the individual rules for each class.

Do the photos have to be current?
No. for example, for the puppy classes, you dog doesn’t still have to be a puppy. It is the age of the dog at the time of the photo that counts.

You are also welcome to enter dogs that are at rainbow bridge in any relevant classes if you wish. But there won't be a special Rainbow Bridge class as this would be too sad and too unfair on a judge.

Can I use the same photos for more than one Class?

Yes you can.

Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions specifically pertaining to the Virtual Show in this thread.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 03:38 AM
okay silly question for the day............................do you send the collators the picture just as you would if posting one on a thread
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
okay silly question for the day............................do you send the collators the picture just as you would if posting one on a thread
Yes, Emma, just like that....

Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Yes, Emma, just like that....

thanks Vicki
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Can we enter our dogs that have passed on in the classes or will there be a special class for them at some point?
Also will you be doing a class for other pets alive now and passed on?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Can we enter our dogs that have passed on in the classes or will there be a special class for them at some point?
Also will you be doing a class for other pets alive now and passed on?
The Show has always been open to Rainbow Bridge dogs and continues to be so, they can enter any of the classes they would have been eligible for as per the rules of the class (e.g. puppy class would need to be a photo of when they were a puppy).

There are no plans for a special Rainbow Bridge class. Whilst in some ways this would be nice, it would be too hard and probably too emotional for anyone to have to judge the 'best' Rainbow Bridge dog.

As for other pets, I will see how the schedule goes, whether we can fit any in.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Thankyou
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks for that Fiona, I'll dig out some pics of my old boy, if I wasn't collating I could have entered him in the puppy class, seeing as he's the only one I've had from a pup, but I'll have a look for a best veteran pic
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Ok silly question, I'm trying to decide what pic to use for the most enthusatic toy play, do natures toys count? As mine play more with things like snow balls, bull rushes etc then normal dog toys, or does it have to be like a dog toy that you would buy from a shop? Either way I'll probally be able to put a pic up at the weekend
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Ok silly question, I'm trying to decide what pic to use for the most enthusatic toy play, do natures toys count? As mine play more with things like snow balls, bull rushes etc then normal dog toys, or does it have to be like a dog toy that you would buy from a shop? Either way I'll probally be able to put a pic up at the weekend
Not a silly question

If it's a toy as far as the dog is concerned, its a toy as far as the show is concerned, so yes, 'natural' toys count

(Having said that, I think I'd better draw the line at allowing other animals to be used as toys!)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >