View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-10-2005, 09:06 AM
Hi Foxy.......we have them and watched them........no problem !
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Foxy,

As you mention about bidding for them...do you suppose he's looking at somewhere like E-bay? CD-wow or Amazon sound safer.

Gildy
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-10-2005, 09:17 AM
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/fox...yer_20607.html

have put the information you need in this thread
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by The Great Gildersleeve
Foxy,

As you mention about bidding for them...do you suppose he's looking at somewhere like E-bay? CD-wow or Amazon sound safer.

Gildy

Hi Gildy,

No it was the link that Leo put up that was for e-bay - I'm not sure where the site that he has been looking at is. I know he bought 3 Cds from somewhere in Jersey a couple of months back and think that the site he is on about is something to do with this What is CD-wow, I haven't heard of that one, have you got a website for them
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Fred
http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/fox...yer_20607.html

have put the information you need in this thread

Thanks Fred
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox
Hi Foxy.......we have them and watched them........no problem !

Thanks Jackbox - did you get yours from America too
CavvieCath
New Member!
Female 

08-10-2005, 03:58 PM
I have just bought it from www.cd-wow.com for £31 including p&p. Be careful though as my son cannot watch American DVDs (reg 1) on his PS2. I have bought him a multi-region dvd player from amazon.co.uk for only £25 for Christmas though
Anndee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Hi Foxy. Have you looked on Ebay? Its on there for less than £30 for 7 discs. There are more than one set up for offer. One finishes in 17 mins. Another finishes in 32 mins. Both are £28.99 + £2.50 p & p. Check it out
Anne
The Great Gildersleeve
Dogsey Junior
Male 

08-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi Foxy,

I see Cavviecav has given you a link for CD-Wow. It could be that they have an outlet in Jersey too. Certainly, some products from Amazon and Tesco are available from Jersey so it may've been those he's been looking at.

Cheers

GS
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I have just had a look at Amazon but unfortunately they aren't out until 31st October on there and he simply can't wait that long I wish he would because they are cheaper on there but I think the site he wants them from are £33 or something like that but I bet he hasn't thought of the shipping charges.

Would the customs charge for something of this value
If it is above £18 in value, you will probably be charged VAT + handling fee ... unless you're lucky and it slips through.

Now, with regard to DVD regions on a PC ...

There are two control mechanisms. Windows retains the region changes - you are allowed 5 changes before it locks, but there are region changing software which can circumvent this. The other control mechanism is on the DVD drive's firmware. In the old days, the firmware was RPC1 which was not region locked. About 5 years ago, all DVD drives had to be RPC2, which meant that it would lock after 5 changes. Again, you can circumvent this if you can re-flash the firmware on your drive. Re-flashing incorrectly can permanently damage your DVD drive.

If you want to buy Region 1 DVDs which cost over £18 and avoid paying the import charges, try:

http://www.loaded247.com/index.php

- they are based in the UK.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2