Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 07:19 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday)

Thought I'd start this off today as no one seems to be around this morning.

Just back in from walking Bella - fellow dog owner and I got the little stray dog and he had telephone number on his tag. Adonis phoned it and they don't seem at all bothered (said) they would pick it up later. They live not far away (within sight but the other side of that water channel) I reckon they dumped it here because it hardly moves from the spot under our block and the one next door. Makes me so angry.

I've been summoned for coffee at 11 by one of my aged Cypriot neighbours. I won't be staying too long as her one subject of convo seems to be how wealthy or otherwise her middle aged ex banker son is. (Right up my street not)

Will pop in later to catch up when you lazy wotsits are up and running!

Here he is - his name's FLIT

Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning Tang and any who come after (or who sneak in in between, I know you're there Lynn!)

That poor dog I really don't know how people can do it.

On a brighter note today is a good day. I get to send two dogs to their new families Harvey goes off to his new home at 11am and Ted at 12. It's days like these that make my job worthwhile.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2013, 07:43 AM
Morning Pat that was nice came here to do the daily thread and it was up.
Poor little Flit at least he has you watching out for him. When you think how we feel and what we do for our dogs it seems unimaginable that we would consider doing this.
I hope his owners collect him later like they said he will.

We had a nice fish and chip tea last night when Gorden got home he stopped at the chippy to pick it up on his way home its only down the road from us.
Today we have a man coming to look at the stairs and the front door I would like a stable door there and to put a door on the recess where the washing machine goes to give us a quote.

I know Bev is ok she was somewhere else posting late yesterday.
To everyone with aches and pains I hope you feel better today and if not the aches and pains are soon gone.
Any poorly doglets feel better soon too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Morning Jen a good start to your day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Tang, Jen and fellow members who creep in later,

Pat that little dog is so cute and fortunately stilllooks fairly healthy .... I hope so. The nerve of his owners to say they'd pick him up later Would a little 'pet' dog like Flit be more susceptible to being set-upon by street dogs I'd have thought that little dog would be terrified Enjoy you coffee and the tales of her wonderful son who probably retired early on your money Enjoy your day
Jen - An exciting day ahead .... and even more exciting for Harvey and Ted although they won't realise yet

Nothing much planned here today as I'm carless until lunchtime as OH has my car and in spite of having 6 other cars here none of them are for the road .... other than his car transporter van and vintage car which I wouldn't want nor could physically drive So washing, ironing and dog walking.

****** Morning Lynn you snuck in. I hope the quotes are acceptible and you can press on with getting your stable door.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Morning Pat, Jen and everyone else

Oh that poor little dog, I bet that tugs at the old heartstrings Pat, and I hope they come and take him home (him/her?).

Had a lovely lie in this morning, so, so tired yesterday cos we ended up working all day up at the van, even took Zena up there in the afternoon waiting for the sofa to be delivered. She was an absolute nightmare to start with, and I regretted taking her, but once I started getting stuck into cleaning all the windows, whilst Dave grinded off some sticking out screws in the wall from the furniture rip out, she soon settled. Turned out we were the last drop off at 5.30, but I only found that bit out when I came home with Zena and left Dave to it and took 4 phone calls from the russian driver who had got totally lost - nightmare it was. Anyway, it's all in now and this morning we're going back up there to arrange it all.

Don't know what everyone has been up to cos I never even came on here last night but when I started skimming through I did see you were having problems with Dillon Lynn, and I'm so sorry he's making you feel like this. If you remember back, I went through similar with Zena (although no nipping involved with her), and I'm sure once you ride out the storm, he will start maturing and settling down, so will be well worth the effort. I'm sure it's the move, the routine is all upset with Gordon being away all week. He needs to find a friend on one of your new walks so he can run around and tire himself out a bit more maybe. Hopefully, a nice long walk with Gordon this morning will settle him back down, and he will soon get used to the new routine. Is Gordon looking for work locally now as that would be the icing on your cake wouldn't it. Don't get too down about it all Lynn, he's a big, boistrous boy, who I'm sure can be a big handful in full play mode, and I'm sure you'll get it all under control somehow. Maybe you have already cos I never read to the end of the thread it was sooooo long yesterday.

Better get a move on, otherwise we'll never get started here.
Enjoy the week-end everyone.

ETA: Morning Jenny and Lynn who snuck in whilst I was typing there. You sound more upbeat now Lynn, I'm pleased to see that.xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Pat I have just read on yesterdays posts about your new addition by your boss. (((Hugs))) I think your gonna need em.
Morning Jenny I am hoping the stairs come out reasonable too the stairs and front door are our main priority but Dillon is very good when the front door goes if you tell him wait he stays and you shut the living room door on him and he is very patient. See he can be good its just when he gets ott he forgets everything and there's no doing anything with him.
I think he needs finishing school too polish him off.

I hope your OH arrives home at a reasonable time in case you want to go out.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Hello again - just read all your posts but as the royal summons time is upon me - don't have time to reply - but I can assure you I will not be long lol! I am tempted to take Bella as this lady has a Pekingese who she doesn't allow to even do nose to nose contact with other dogs - let alone nose to @rse! That would at least ensure the visit is short lol! Nah wouldn't do that to my mate Despina who has also been summoned - I've told her to ring when she leaves so I can get there after her.

Not that I am an unsociable old bat or anything
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Morning everyone, nice and bright here but 'kin' cold. I had better do a bit of housework today as I have my friends coming over from Kent tomorrow. They are fetching their Chrissie presents in case they cannot get over again before Christmas with the weather. I had to do a quick shop as I hadn't even started thinking about Christmas yet alone presents. Still I think I have it all in hand except for one pressie which may not get here in time. Fingers crossed it will come in the post today, if not I shall have to post it on to them.

Well have a good day all and stay well and safe. Hugs all round for those that need them. God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Oh someone come and make me drag my @rse over to the Bank Manager's muvver's apartment! I'm going to leave at ONE minute to 11!

Jenny I am still skimming thro' the posts and thought you'd typed that you were going to be CARELESS until lunchtime!

*when Cypriots invite you I think you are expected to bring something with you - anything - biscuits - flowers.

Well I've had a quick gander round here and unless I take her some opened dog biscuits. or half a packet of jammy dodgers she's out of luck! I ain't taking her a bottle of my vino! (I would if I wanted to ever be asked back again mind you!)

You got it in one Jenny. This POOR MAN retired at about 50 and lost half his pension pot in the 'haircut'. Well as they only take about 4% at 100K you can imagine how much he had to have in his pot to lose up to half of it? He apparently won't be able to send his daughter to the University of choice now. Oh gawd I am just making myself feel worse before I go lol! Perhaps I should drink a bottle of my vino before going?

Seeya in a bit!
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »