View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2006, 05:34 PM

Anyone know the POP3 & SMTP settings for Wanadoo?

I'm back! Finally got everything sorted I hope and am now running on broadband which is great. Trying to set up my email as I use the Incredimail program, but I'm stuck on what Wanadoo's POP3/SMTP settings are does anyone know please?
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 05:50 PM
When you say the 'settings' do you mean the address thingy? I have just been into my email (I'm with Wanadoo) and it says Incoming Mail (POP3) pop.wanadoo.co.uk and Outgoing Mail (SMTP) smtp.wanadoo.co.uk

If you don't mean these if you tell me where to find them I will have a look what it says on mine
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks Foxy thats the ones, I knew I could rely on dogweb rather than wanadoo tech supp. The only downer I can find so far with wanadoo is the email addreesses, they are so long winded before I just had a name then it was @onetel.com. Now I appear to have 'fsmail' in it twice
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-02-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by marean
Thanks Foxy thats the ones, I knew I could rely on dogweb rather than wanadoo tech supp. The only downer I can find so far with wanadoo is the email addreesses, they are so long winded before I just had a name then it was @onetel.com. Now I appear to have 'fsmail' in it twice
Oh good - hope that it works okay for you now

We were with Wanadoo on dial-up until August last year and then we went to Broadband but kept our email address but had to put the fs at the end of it for some reason
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-02-2006, 07:57 PM
With wanadoo you can have loads of e mail addys you could have marean-on-dw-@wanadoo .co.uk (this not a real e mail address it is just used as example)basicly you can have any anything beofre the @ to have as your e mail address
marean
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-02-2006, 08:18 AM
Thanks Leo. I did have a quick look at the addresses but info seemed to mainly about setting up multiple addresses and I think also said to go through outlook express which I don't use. When I have more time I will look into it.