Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
moonpig
New Member!
Male 

26-09-2009, 10:06 AM

dogs drink tea??????????? good or bad?

my puppy shar pei drank some of my tea while i wasnt watching and hasnt left me alone every time i have had one since! is it bad for dogs to drink tea
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 10:55 AM
As far as I know a bit of tea won't do a dog harm....providing it is just tea and milk. Sweeteners are very bad for dogs.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 11:58 AM
I knew a dog many years ago who had a cup of tea every morning, along with her toast and marmalade She lived to something over 14. As a rescue no one was sure of her exact age, but she was a very fit dog
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 12:53 PM
My dogs have always been keen on tea. (Visitors are always warned NOT to put their tea cups on the floor unless they want a dog finishing it for them.) But I do insist it doesn`t have sugar as they don`t brush their teeth!
I find they also appreciate dunked biscuits occasionally
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 12:55 PM
My next door neighbours dog had tea and toast every morning for his breakfast, and if they were having a cooked dinner one would be put up for him as well. I have never done this for my dogs although they have had leftovers in the past. He did live until he was 17 so I don't think it did him any harm, although for his last 10 years he had a lot of problems with his health, kidneys, heart and ended up on special food, but maybe that was due to old age I can't really say.
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Too much caffeine is obviously bad for them and too much sugar isn't good, but both Kismet and Pharaoh are Teahounds and love nothing more than to finish the last mouthful of your tea. Kismet will whine and oof at your mug from the moment you finish...

A little tea won't hurt them but too much wouldn't be good.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2009, 02:35 PM
My grandparents dog Tuppence used to have a saucer of tea out of Grandad's cup every day and insisted he blew on it for her He took his white with sugar and she lived to over 16 years old... though that was the Border Collie in her I think!!!
Jamie had the occassional slurp of tea, usually out of my mug!! Remy likes tea too, if it is covered in a biscuit!!!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2009, 07:22 PM
i remember when jake was a pup, he was sitting next to me on the couch and i had a cup of tea. he kept trying to get it and i was holding it out his reach, so he knocked something off the couch and i bent down to pick it up and his head was straight in the cup! im convinced he did it all on purpose, trying to distract me so he could pounch
janitor
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Our old Lab/Collie cross used to have a cup of tea every morning and lived to be 15 years old, TJ and flag also have a bowl of tea every morning with their breakfast, but being aware that caffine can be harmful to dogs they have decaff tea.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2009, 08:06 PM
My old Yorkie girl used to love a cup of tea in the morning with her bowl of Ready Brek Mind you, she lived to a ripe old age, had absolutely no idea she was a dog though

Can't really see a little drop of tea doing major harm really, so long as there's no sugar in it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >