Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 08:10 PM

Nana has just thrown such a low blow at me

My nana has just thrown such a low blow at me, it actually had me in tears

It all started because I said "oh that ice dogs is on again, but I don't know if I'm watching it, it annoyed me a bit last week." she asked why it annoyed me, and I just replied with it doesn't matter, because I knew it would cause an argument.

She then went on to say that I'm obsessed with dogs, all I do is think about dogs, and not actually do anything about it. To which I said "well what do you want me to do, I already have 2, you won't let me have any more so all I can do is think" she then said I was obsessed, to which I replied "do you say that about Megan with her singing, and Shania with her pigs and wanting a farm?" (both my cousins from her other daughter) she said "yes, but you don't do anything, you are in a des end job for children" she knows I constantly look for animal jobs and kennel jobs, there just aren't any about, she knows I want my own business, but can't afford to start it (whole point of my taking this job) then she hit me with the lowest blow I've ever had, even worse that it come from my own grandmother.

She said "no wonder no men are interested in you when all you do is talk about dogs" this is such a low blow as she knows I only split up with my boyfriend yesterday It's making me tear up just typing it out again. I think it's just such a horrible thing to say. I can't help that I'm passionate about dogs, and like I said to her there could be so many worse things I could be obsessed with. I walked out of the room at this point because I was on the verge of tears, and didn't want her to see me cry. She then shouted "oh that's it, go to your room and sulk"

Sorry for writing it, but I'm a bit upset and can't really talk to anyone on the phone because she will hear and start again
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Oh hun

Huge hugs, that was uncalled for and nasty.

I actually lost a boyfriend because I was 'obsessed with dogs'.... and do I miss him?! Do I heck! Dogs are much better than boys and im pretty sure there are a few on here that will agree.

Keep your chin up chick xxx
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Ive discovered people say a lot about dogs to hurt. Alex was really nasty about mine lately too Its his loss though. I dont live far so if you ever want a walk and a talk I would be more than happy to oblige
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Sounds like a nasty bitch frankly.

I know it's easier said than done but, some people aren't worth getting upset over.

The sooner you can get out of there the better I'd say.

You can't get a job that isn't there.

And as for the relationship comment, what complete bollox.

I dont think I could've just left the room without telling her to remove the pole from her ass...which would have been followed by me wondering allowed, if the dog obsession isn't a result of living with an idiot example of a human.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 08:57 PM
That's horrible! Keep your chin up and stick at your job, she doesn't know what she's talking about!

And for what it's worth, I talk about dogs all the time and my boyfriend loves it. If a guy doesn't want you because you're passionate about something, he isn't worth your time.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by tazer View Post

I know it's easier said than done but, some people aren't worth getting upset over.

I dont think I could've just left the room without telling her to remove the pole from her ass...which would have been followed by me wondering allowed, if the dog obsession isn't a result of living with an idiot example of a human.
Have to agree with this hon, but I realise that it's difficult for you to respond in such strong words.

x0x
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Ive discovered people say a lot about dogs to hurt. Alex was really nasty about mine lately too Its his loss though. I dont live far so if you ever want a walk and a talk I would be more than happy to oblige
Thanks for that, we will have to arrange a walk and talk about dogs

Originally Posted by tazer View Post

I could of said so much to her, like what was she so obsessed with when her husband left her, but I wouldn't stoop that low. As for preferring the dogs, you can see why I prefer them!

Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
That's horrible! Keep your chin up and stick at your job, she doesn't know what she's talking about!

And for what it's worth, I talk about dogs all the time and my boyfriend loves it. If a guy doesn't want you because you're passionate about something, he isn't worth your time.
Me and the boyfriend didn't even split because of the dogs, we just decided that the time wasn't right and we are better off as friends for now. I'm hoping to find the next boyfriend at crufts

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Have to agree with this hon, but I realise that it's difficult for you to respond in such strong words.

x0x
I could just never throw something that low at someone. Plus I HAVE to live with her, I have nowhere to go, I can't afford somewhere on my own, I could of said things but it would only make things worse in the long run.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
Me and the boyfriend didn't even split because of the dogs, we just decided that the time wasn't right and we are better off as friends for now. I'm hoping to find the next boyfriend at crufts
Then you can decide on the guy by what sort of dog he has!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Can I just applaud you for being sensible!

You do live with your nan, you have your own dogs plus the litter at the moment so bite your tongue and don't rock the boat.

Might be worth finding out what's upset your nan today once things have calmed a little. Sounds like she is pretty down and taking it out on you so it could be that a listening ear wouldn't come amiss.

I know how you feel, I honestly do. It hurts and it hurts deeply, but, for now at least, try to stay calm at least until you're in a position to move out if you need to.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
Then you can decide on the guy by what sort of dog he has!
Good job I'm not going on toy day seeing as the majority of the men are gay
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >